Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Aug 17, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
So does it have to be 3 hours per flight. Or if you arrive in Orlando say 4 hours late due to a 2 hour delay in Manchester. Missed connection in Philly resulting in 4 hours or more delay for the whole journey.
I think its if you land 3hrs + after your scheduled arrival time. (I think)
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Ok well going this Sunday on this flight so what happens if you are delayed getting to PHL? I know that they try book you onto the next available flight but is there a desk you have to go to and where is it? And is this roughly how it should go. Off plane- Immigration-pick up cases and go through customs-bags back on a conveyer-go to next gate-sit down and relax? Never flown indirect anywhere before so complete novice at it.
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
BoltofLight
Trying for More Ears

I've just got back from our holiday flying MAN-PHL-MCO a few days ago and we had no issues apart from us waiting in the wrong A-East terminal at Philidelphia and missing the boarding calls for A-West, we ended up running down the terminal and were last to board for our flight but made it.

Totally our error, and even landed in Manchester at 08:30 instead of 08:55 on the return trip

Philidelphia is a nice airport for a long connection, it has a good childs play area in Terminal A - East if you need your children to run off a bit of energy and has a large food court by Terminal C.
BoltofLight is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Delayed again today to 12 noon.
Old 8 Aug 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew out on the 10:50 last Sunday. It was delayed and didn't leave MAN until 12:09 and landed PHL 14:50.

We cleared PHL in 54 mins (2 adults 3 teens) this includes a quick toilet and snack grab. We made our connection with 10 mins to spare.

Our connecting flight which was scheduled to leave at 15:35 was held back and eventually took off 15:51.

The PHL to MCO plane wasn't the same layout as I'd reserved seats on. That configuration was a 3-3. This one was a larger 2-4-2. We still sat in our reserved seats, only not where I expected.

We landed MCO 18:19 which was 12 mins later than original schedule time of 18:07.

The most frustrating part was AA checkin and bag drop at Manchester. It didn't matter if you'd done OLCI (which didn't work anyway). You still had to enter a queue of various AA flight passengers, where you were sent to 2 banks of automated machines to print out your own baggage labels out.
You basically had to scan your passports and enter how many cases you were checking in. The machine then printed baggage labels, for you to attach yourself and boarding cards. From which you entered another queue to bag drop. This process took just under an hour.

Edited at 12:18 PM.
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by W1zz View Post
The most frustrating part was AA checkin and bag drop at Manchester. It didn't matter if you'd done OLCI (which didn't work anyway). You still had to enter a queue where you were sent to 2 banks of automated machines to print out your own baggage labels out.
You basically had to scan your passports and enter how many cases you were checking in. The machine then printed baggage labels, for you to attach yourself and boarding cards. From which you entered another queue to bag drop. This process took just under an hour.
Thanks for this, I didn't know this was the case. Hope you are having a great holiday
Old 8 Aug 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Checkin machines are pretty standard now across a number airlines. I've done it on Delta, Ryanair,Flybe and Easyjet in the last 12 months.

I have found the same with regards to OLCI that you still have to queue and i do wander if its because you are flying to America. Im not sure if they need to do checks. I still do OLCI anyway to grab seats but dont bother to print boarding passes as they always get replaced at the airport
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Finally took off today at 1238 so looks like people won't be making connection the connection.
Old 8 Aug 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
Finally took off today at 1238 so looks like people won't be making connection the connection.
But for some strange reason still showing as on time to land at PHL
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HUEYBOO View Post
But for some strange reason still showing as on time to land at PHL
The flight that I took home (this route) was delayed by 1.5 hours but we still landed in time.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List