Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Aug 17, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry to repeat this, but to everyone who reads this who booked one of these tickets:

do NOT call/e-mail/tweet the airline or the travel agent, because this will vastly decrease the chances of your ticket being honoured. Not just yours, in fact. The less attention you draw to your booking, the better.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Here's some more information that was posted on another site, copied and pasted from AC policy:
"H. Erroneous fares
(1) Air Canada reserves the right to cancel reservations and/or tickets issued with an
erroneously quoted fare.
(2) An erroneously quoted fare is one which carrier has, in good faith, mistakenly published
and which is clearly erroneous. When compared to fares usually published in the
relevant routing.
(3) Air Canada reserves the right to void the purchased ticket and refund the amount paid
by the customer or, if customer agrees to forgo the refund, offer the customer the ticket
at a published fare that should have been available at time of booking.
(4) Air Canada will use reasonable efforts to notify the customer:
a) Within 72 hours after the carrier becomes aware of the publishing of an erroneous.
fare, that all or any portion of their ticketed itinerary has been cancelled; or
b) At least 24 hours prior to the customer’s scheduled departure from the point of
origin issued on the ticket, that all or any portion of their ticketed itinerary has been
cancelled, if the ticket was purchased less than 72 hours before their scheduled
departure from the point of origin.
(5) With respect to interline itineraries, carrier will coordinate with participating carriers in
order to determine which of the interline carriers will notify the customer and provide
the refund in the event that the customer’s ticketed itinerary is cancelled.".

Source: aircanada/content/da..._Tariff_en.pdf

However, this is policy and law supersedes policy, so if they choose to apply the law they can still cancel the tickets. Regarding the time they have to cancel, the words "reasonable efforts" are key. Given the size of this situation they may very well argue that 72 hours is too short.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
katizim
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
Air Canada do still fly the Brussels-Montreal route, followed by a connection to Orlando on Air Canada Rouge (lower-cost subsidiary). They just don't a daily flight in the Winter season as far as I know. The layover appears to be more than 4 hours, though.
If you want to avoid a connection in the US: Delta are starting a direct flight from Amsterdam to Orlando March 30th. You may need to wait a few months but you should be able to book this with an incoming connection on KLM from Brussels or Düsseldorf (depending on where you live), or with a rail & fly ticket from Brussels or Antwerp.

Where did you book? The only one I know for certain is schipholtickets, as I've read multiple reports about those tickets being issued and then cancelled written on more reputable aviation sites than the well-known blogs. As of right now it's all still a big question mark, so I am waiting at least two weeks until I make further plans for my trip.
Thank you - we booked with a company called LycaFly. I'd never heard of them but checked reviews before booking, and they seemed good enough. I think they're a part of Lyca Mobile as their emblem is similar.

Do you work in the aviation field or is it more a keen interest of yours? You're so knowledgeable!
katizim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by katizim View Post
Thank you - we booked with a company called LycaFly. I'd never heard of them but checked reviews before booking, and they seemed good enough. I think they're a part of Lyca Mobile as their emblem is similar.

Do you work in the aviation field or is it more a keen interest of yours? You're so knowledgeable!
Both .
Old 29 Aug 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

They have said on twitter if an e ticket has been issued then it will be honoured
Old 29 Aug 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
katizim
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by xXxSammi88xXx View Post
They have said on twitter if an e ticket has been issued then it will be honoured
Hi Sammi,

Fabulous! Do you have a link to their tweet? I will try to find it myself, but I'm just thinking we should all take screenshots of it - just in case we have any problems.

ETA: I've just realised this could well have been on a DM instead of public Twitter. I'm a bit nervous to draw their attention to our booking so I don't think I will tweet them just yet!

Edited at 04:49 PM.
katizim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by katizim View Post
Hi Sammi,

Fabulous! Do you have a link to their tweet? I will try to find it myself, but I'm just thinking we should all take screenshots of it - just in case we have any problems.

ETA: I've just realised this could well have been on a DM instead of public Twitter. I'm a bit nervous to draw their attention to our booking so I don't think I will tweet them just yet!
Have taken a screen shot of it just in case.
xXxSammi88xXx is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

And another...
Old 29 Aug 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

It is looking better, indeed, but just for the next time: it is not common for an airline to take the hit on something of this magnitude. Also, it has happened in the past that people had contacted customer care to confirm their glitch booking and were told that everything was okay, only for the tickets to be cancelled a few days later. Customer care agents are not always up to date on the circumstances of the booking, so even though they see the ticket in their system it does not always mean that things won't change.
Alitalia has had 2 major glitches in the past half year and people who called against better advice were told all was well, but then they started cancelling 10 days later in batches. If I'm not mistaken it took them around a month to go through all of them and then many people had to wait up to 4 months to get their money back (it took me 3 months). They still missed some tickets, though, so there were reservations that slipped through the cracks by luck of the draw.

So of course, I hope that all our bookings are indeed honoured, but I would still recommend you don't book anything non-refundable for another week or so.

Edited at 05:26 PM.
Old 29 Aug 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
katizim
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by xXxSammi88xXx View Post
And another...
Thank you, Sammi, that's great. I've also taken screenshots; just in case... hopefully I'm just being paranoid!

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
It is looking better, indeed, but just for the next time: it is not common for an airline to take the hit on something of this magnitude. Also, it has happened in the past that people had contacted customer care to confirm their glitch booking and were told that everything was okay, only for the tickets to be cancelled a few days later. Customer care agents are not always up to date on the circumstances of the booking, so even though they see the ticket in their system it does not always mean that things won't change.
Alitalia has had 2 major glitches in the past half year and people who called against better advice were told all was well, but then they started cancelling 10 days later in batches. If I'm not mistaken it took them around a month to go through all of them and then many people had to wait up to 4 months to get their money back (it took me 3 months). They still missed some tickets, though, so there were reservations that slipped through the cracks by luck of the draw.

So of course, I hope that all our bookings are indeed honoured, but I would still recommend you don't book anything non-refundable for another week or so.
Thank you, CosmicGirl. Fingers crossed for us all! Where did you book for and when do you go?