Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Sep 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Manchester airport terminal 2 parking

I'm clearly being a dummy-not the first nor the last time

Would someone kindly assist:

I'm trying (and failing!) to find a price for parking which does not involve a bus transfer or meet & greet style
Just park car & off into terminal ( possibly short stay?)

I can't find this option
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

The terminal 2 car park is closed at the moment.
Disneyphile is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
I'm clearly being a dummy-not the first nor the last time

Would someone kindly assist:

I'm trying (and failing!) to find a price for parking which does not involve a bus transfer or meet & greet style
Just park car & off into terminal ( possibly short stay?)

I can't find this option
No, you're not being a dummy, it's not there,well not for our dates next year, there was a post about the same thing a while back, shame because we used it this year, parked in the multi storey and it was great, not sure if or when it'll become available ☹️☹️
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
Oh, I see.
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
No, you're not being a dummy, it's not there,well not for our dates next year, there was a post about the same thing a while back, shame because we used it this year, parked in the multi storey and it was great, not sure if or when it'll become available ☹️☹️

Thanks for this.

What a shame - maybe select the car parking with radisson blu instead?
Old 16 Sep 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
Is the multi storey closed at the moment ? I have a booking for the multi storey in a couple of weeks. Didn't realise it was closed, do you know where people have to park instead please.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMiaWallace
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by macy View Post
Is the multi storey closed at the moment ? I have a booking for the multi storey in a couple of weeks. Didn't realise it was closed, do you know where people have to park instead please.
As I understand it, the construction work around terminal 2 meant the valet parking is using up part of the short stay car park meaning they are limiting stays to a week. All previous bookings for over a week will be honoured. I have one in October for 15 days. It is NOT closed.
MrsMiaWallace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I think the problem is that manchester airport have decided that the short stay car park should be short stay and so will not accept any bookings over a specific number of days. I just checked with 2 bookings 1 for 8 days an 1 for 14 . For the 8 days the multi story is avaiable but not for 14 days.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsMiaWallace View Post
As I understand it, the construction work around terminal 2 meant the valet parking is using up part of the short stay car park meaning they are limiting stays to a week. All previous bookings for over a week will be honoured. I have one in October for 15 days. It is NOT closed.
Ah right thank you, I thought it was strange. Only made the booking recently and did speak to them during booking. Pleased it is open so that's great news for us. Thanks again.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
I think the problem is that manchester airport have decided that the short stay car park should be short stay and so will not accept any bookings over a specific number of days. I just checked with 2 bookings 1 for 8 days an 1 for 14 . For the 8 days the multi story is avaiable but not for 14 days.
I went through the same thing when trying to book. After contacting them they did suggest they could cover the two weeks with two segments. They did ring me and book it all, just means we have two ref numbers. They advised that the car parks are aware that they are doing this, any problems on return just use the intercom and give them the garage our second ref and the barrier will be lifted. It does work out expensive but for us this time, is worth it. Can't say I am convinced it will be so straightforward but we will see.