Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Dec 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
I was in London on 7/7, for an interview for a scholarship with the BBC (which I didn't get!) - the thing that stands out most, is that when we were all turfed off the tube and none of our mobiles were working, we believed the line that it was down to a "gas explosion" - there's no way people would believe that now!
These days - first thought is terrorism even when it's not. There was a man wielding a knife in Schiphol who was shot today. Not a terrorist by the sounds of it - just your ordinary, everyday unbalanced person.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

very true - the recent example in London when everyone panicked but it turned out nothing had actually happened. I'd much rather run first and find out what happened later though.

I've just done a test to find out my letters - ENFJ - am I allowed to the party?!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

very true - the recent example in London when everyone panicked but it turned out nothing had actually happened. I'd much rather run first and find out what happened later though.

I've just done a test to find out my letters - ENFJ - am I allowed to the party?!
Oh definitely - party at Aprils house
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I may need to actually visit Antwerp tripadvisor/Attrac..._Province.html
You are of course correct about the wooden escalators in London being replaced after the Tube fire.
OK...THAT'S on the list. R.C. has a niece who lives in Belgium - but we've never been to Antwerp. Going to have to brush up on the old Flemish...bedankt for that!

I was in London on 7/7, for an interview for a scholarship with the BBC (which I didn't get!) - the thing that stands out most, is that when we were all turfed off the tube and none of our mobiles were working, we believed the line that it was down to a "gas explosion" - there's no way people would believe that now!
You are so right.

R.C. refuses to keep his mobile on (Why should I be available to anyone anytime? :angry...but I thought he would realise that I would be worrying...

Nope. When I finally got through to him (much) later that day, I'm afraid I rather gave him an earful. Oops.

Me: I just wanted to know that you were alive!
Him: No need to be so dramatic, darling.

Pretty please can we have an I-N-Tea-J party . The tea should be Long Island of course .
We can even allow non-INTJ'ers as long as they don't make us cower in the kitchen.
Goldia and I have actually been talking about this...I think *most* of us are here in the Southeast - but you're in Amsterdam and Colette and Scotty are up in...um...Scotland.

After Christmas we should try and see who-all is interested and then figure out the logistics.

And I think the lovely Colette is TT...so you'll have to promise to behave yourself, Blue Mane.

These days - first thought is terrorism even when it's not. There was a man wielding a knife in Schiphol who was shot today. Not a terrorist by the sounds of it - just your ordinary, everyday unbalanced person.

Tara! You are the same type as The Queen (my mother, that is - not the other one)!

ENFJ: Everyone Needs Fulfilment (and) Joy

Are you sure you want to hang out with us mean old INTJs?

INTJ: It's Not Thoroughly Justified
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh definitely - party at Aprils house
Well, you and Tara can come to the house - we're all of us slatterns together. But Goldia cleans her hotel room before the maid comes...if she saw my house she'd die of shock.

Old 15 Dec 17, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

“Both Barrels” reporting for duty. Hilarious about the bread rolls as I laughed out loud when I saw those.

KISS, yes, 100%. I saw them a few years ago - phenomenal stage show. We had so many bands on our bucket list but we’ve pretty much worked through them all now, leading to concerns about our perceived immortality. However, we don’t like any of this newfangled music enough to add anyone else to the concert bucket list.

Digressing.

I did visit the 9/11 memorial - I had no personal connection to the tragedy but I felt like I kind of owed it to the victims and all the brave people on the scene to go in. I felt it was very sensitively done and I’m glad I went, but I did sob all the way round. I hear you on the selfie brigade at the memorial pools, we saw the same thing at the holocaust memorial in Berlin too.

The NHM looks amazing. My husband went, and loved it, but I didn’t get to visit there as I was off somewhere in Clinton - no, me either - meeting an internet famous cat... which is a true but fairly ludicrous story.

I’m up for the INTJ party - you had me at the mention of a Long Island Iced Tea - despite that being my beverage of choice at the office Christmas do last night and the reason I’ve had a twitch in my eyebrow all day.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Haha, I'm glad my slatternly ways get me an invite

MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

I forgot to add - the ferry to the SoL was responsible for one of the phrases that is still used daily in our house. The captain (or one of his mates) was clearly heard over the speakers repeating “crowning the lady, crowning the lady” in what sounded very much like a broad Bristolian accent. I can only assume it is boat-radio-speak for giving ones position in relation to the island.

It made us laugh so much that even now, a decade later, every time we have a “fnarr fnarr” moment or there’s a terrible double entendre, it’s usually accompanied by one of us saying “crowning the lady, crowning the lady”.

I’ve just re-read the above and realise others may think I’m describing utterances during nocturnal activities. I promise I’m not and I’m sorry if I’ve scarred anyone.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 17, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
“Both Barrels” reporting for duty. Hilarious about the bread rolls as I laughed out loud when I saw those.

KISS, yes, 100%. I saw them a few years ago - phenomenal stage show. We had so many bands on our bucket list but we’ve pretty much worked through them all now, leading to concerns about our perceived immortality. However, we don’t like any of this newfangled music enough to add anyone else to the concert bucket list.

Digressing.

I did visit the 9/11 memorial - I had no personal connection to the tragedy but I felt like I kind of owed it to the victims and all the brave people on the scene to go in. I felt it was very sensitively done and I’m glad I went, but I did sob all the way round. I hear you on the selfie brigade at the memorial pools, we saw the same thing at the holocaust memorial in Berlin too.

The NHM looks amazing. My husband went, and loved it, but I didn’t get to visit there as I was off somewhere in Clinton - no, me either - meeting an internet famous cat... which is a true but fairly ludicrous story.

I’m up for the INTJ party - you had me at the mention of a Long Island Iced Tea - despite that being my beverage of choice at the office Christmas do last night and the reason I’ve had a twitch in my eyebrow all day.
DCL played like the same five songs at every party - and if they were representative of "new-fangled" music - well, the kids can keep it.

"Get off my lawn!"

I was really lucky, growing up in the clubs I saw so many great artists and bands just as they were getting started. Guys who could PLAY. Rock, country, whatever - write your own music and then play it. When I was about 8, my father took me to see Prince (and The Time!) - and I was just electrified. It's that kind of play 'til you bleed style that I fear has disappeared.

As for KISS, I bought my first KISS record because the boy I had a crush on (he was called Patrick and he was LOVELY) liked KISS. Sadly - even after I spent two whole dollars on that record - he never asked me out. More fool he - think how many b00b jokes he missed out on!

Selfies at the Holocaust Memorial...I think we have a winner (loser). I've been having a think on this, though...and I wonder if what we're really seeing is the difference between young people who have no personal experience of death - and not so young people (that's us) who realise the grief and pain that accompanied the death of every individual person whose name is carved into that rock.

I know, deep thoughts - right?

We both loved the NHM...though our family is very, very nerdy. But stay tuned next week - I'll have a cat story of my very own. I won't lie, though...the Hell's Kitchen cat intrigues me...

PS: I think the INTJ party is a go. We'll have to work out the logistics after Christmas. I am VERY much looking forward to it - though it appears I may have to be the designated driver, eh?
Old 16 Dec 17, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Haha, I'm glad my slatternly ways get me an invite

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
I forgot to add - the ferry to the SoL was responsible for one of the phrases that is still used daily in our house. The captain (or one of his mates) was clearly heard over the speakers repeating “crowning the lady, crowning the lady” in what sounded very much like a broad Bristolian accent. I can only assume it is boat-radio-speak for giving ones position in relation to the island.

It made us laugh so much that even now, a decade later, every time we have a “fnarr fnarr” moment or there’s a terrible double entendre, it’s usually accompanied by one of us saying “crowning the lady, crowning the lady”.

I’ve just re-read the above and realise others may think I’m describing utterances during nocturnal activities. I promise I’m not and I’m sorry if I’ve scarred anyone.
Crowning the lady?!

As a mother...that is NOT what I think of when I hear the word crowning. And it most DEFINITELY does not make me think of "making whoopee".

As for double entendres...we go with "said the actress to the bishop" 'round ours. It's a classic.