Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 Jan 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlie30
Getting Excited

Alamo intermediate SUV

Hi,
I’ve booked an Intermediate SUV through Virgin for 2 adults, 3 children. One is in a toddler seat. Do you think this will be big enough? I’m trying to find the SUV details to see what we may be offered.
We’ll have 5 suitcases and a buggy too.
Has anyone successfully managed to upgrade on pickup day if the vehicle isn’t big enough?
We have a Nissan X-trail at home and I’m wondering if we’ll only just fit it all in that to get to the airport!
Charlie30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Think Alamo's intermediate SUV is something along the lines of a Toyota Rav 4.

Personally im going with... no you wont fit it all in unless you like to be squished on the ride to/from the airport.

You can get upgrades at the counter and also Mr Tom Morrow has said at the garage as well.

If you're flying Virgin holidays or Virgin atlantic then maybe use the downtown disney (Disney springs check) in to solve any squishing on way home (One trip to take family one to take cases?)

If your happy with a squish then a case in front of the toddlers seat in the footwell and another in front of the next smallest child with 3 cases in boot and the stroller as well. Hand luggage all over. Possible maybe? but very very very tight.
Old 8 Jan 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Too tight for my liking. Normally the price between an Int SUV and a Standard SUV with Virgin is quite small.
Do you know how much it is?
Or even better a 7 seater?

i know we all watch the cash as lets be honest these trips are not cheap. But I think you need to go up a size especially as a childs seat takes up more room than a child just sitting down.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Give VH a call - we have just got a free upgrade to a Tahoe and someone else got a free upgrade the other day related to January sales
Col&Ali is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Your X-trail is the same size as a Rogue which they use as an Intermediate SUV. Have a practice with empty suitcases and a stroller to see. I've got 3 kids so, as Tom also suggests above, I've gone for a STD SUV for a bit more room.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Mobile

When we hired an Intermediate SUV IN December they only had Jeeps and Hyundai SUV's. None of which would fit your luggage.
If you do hire a standard SUV try and avoid the Dodge journey, it's not good to drive but it does have plenty of room. 🤔
Old 8 Jan 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
OP. I did these photos to help out a few people who were concerned about getting a wheelchair in a Standard SUV.
Clearly shows which model has tons of room and also which ones dont.

May help you make a decision.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1056867

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlie30
Getting Excited

Thanks for your replies.
I did read them and then decided it wasn't worth the extra stress on the day so just called Virgin. For £95 extra we've got the standard SUV which now comes with sat nav inclusive that we didn't have on the previous package. A Tahoe or similar.
Not a free upgrade like I was hoping but I cant grumble for £95 and assurance we will all fit!
Charlie30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Charlie30 View Post
Thanks for your replies.
I did read them and then decided it wasn't worth the extra stress on the day so just called Virgin. For £95 extra we've got the standard SUV which now comes with sat nav inclusive that we didn't have on the previous package. A Tahoe or similar.
Not a free upgrade like I was hoping but I cant grumble for £95 and assurance we will all fit!
If you've got a Tahoe or similar then that will be a Full Size Suv, a LOT bigger than the intermediate.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Charlie30 View Post
Thanks for your replies.
Sorry it wont be a Tahoe. Thats a Full Size SUV. I suspect you have upgraded to a Standard SUV.

However if I am wrong well done as that's an awesome upgrade price.

Edit 99Plums types faster than me!