Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Nov 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
WiFi in the parks

Just to advise anyone coming out and relying on WiFi in the parks that it is shocking. I have stood in guest services tryng to sort things out and the WiFi is on and off. I take a screen shot of all reservations with numbers and fastpasses because so far 9/10 WiFi is off. To say you rely on it it an understatement to say the least . Booking the 4th fastpass ( if you can manage to find one ) is nigh on impossible because it cuts off mid booking and really frustrating. Too many people trying to use it these days so thought I would just advise you of our experience at the moment.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tarik
Excited about Disney

Its always been pretty solid for us, even using facetime etc. Hopefully they cant sort it out if its a capacity issue.
tarik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Leechy17
I have Ears

I had the same issue with my iPhone 6s however Dd who has iPhone 6 got perfect WiFi and OH who has Samsung s7 edge got perfect WiFi. Regarding the extra fast passes we never had a problem just don’t expect the rare ones.
Leechy17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Leechy17 View Post
I had the same issue with my iPhone 6s however Dd who has iPhone 6 got perfect WiFi and OH who has Samsung s7 edge got perfect WiFi. Regarding the extra fast passes we never had a problem just don’t expect the rare ones.
I don’t expect anything , it’s just busy so there are none left. Wi-fi is a capacity issue , mk is the worse one
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by tarik View Post
Its always been pretty solid for us, even using facetime etc. Hopefully they cant sort it out if its a capacity issue.
We’ve never had problems before but this time all 5 of us have Wi-fi out. Just thought I should mention it so people don’t rely on it working or you are stuck .
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 4 Nov 17, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

During both our 2015 and 2016 WIFI was very slow in the parks-just too many people trying to use it at once. I wonder if Disney can limit the ability to do certain things on it-like streaming-that use a lot of it. My feeling is if you've paid for a family day in the park, enjoy your day and use WIFI sparingly.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
During both our 2015 and 2016 WIFI was very slow in the parks-just too many people trying to use it at once. I wonder if Disney can limit the ability to do certain things on it-like streaming-that use a lot of it. My feeling is if you've paid for a family day in the park, enjoy your day and use WIFI sparingly.
Good point but if you need reservation numbers etc due to emergency rescheduling you rely on the Wi-fi or face a large mobile bill
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 4 Nov 17, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyloverz
Imagineer

Disneyloverz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’ve been using it this week (I’m in epcot currently) and haven’t had any issues with it.

For info I’m using an iPhone 7 Plus.
Many Happy Returns INDEX - May/June 2023
Disneyloverz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I have no problem with people using WiFi for reservations, fastpasses, checking the MDE app but amnot sure you should be spending all your time on social media and other websites during yourpark time. Streaming movies for kids while they are in line uses an awful lot of WIFI and slows it down for others.

I think if everyone thought about sharing with others we would all have better access.

And really, do you need to watch videos when you are in a Disney Park? Look around. talk to your family.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithy78
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We found it bitty and frustrating last week when looking at ride times and booking fp's but just keep trying. One minute there were no fp's then there were a few so just keeping going and when you get one go in (if you can) and modify it which usually brings up more times. Did you book early morning magic in the end?
Smithy78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List