Notices

Old 21 Dec 17, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

**COMPLETED!*** Mama, Eden and Me - Our First Trip December 2017 - Index

Mama, Eden & Me - Index

Welcome to our trippie! (Read that in the tone of Mickey saying “welcome to our clubhouse!)

I've umm'd and aahh'd about whether to write a trippie considering how our trip turned out, but I started it on the plane so I guess it's time to press on! I’m hoping this is going to be my first completed one on the Dibb. I have good intentions, so let’s see how this works out!

I received some compensation back in January that I had fought hard for and we decided we would go back to Disneyland Paris. We were going to treat ourselves and stay in one of the “better” hotels, but on pricing up a trip to Florida we decided to go there instead for not too much of a price difference. When? The start of December was when we decided we would go. That way we would be there for Eden’s second birthday and everyone loves a bit of winter sun!

We had to book over the phone because of the logistics of Eden turning two while we were there. It meant she didn’t need a seat on the way out there, but did on the way back so they had to fiddle with her birthdate for the booking and then change it back of house. Anyway - turned out she was infant fare for the whole journey so it was worth the faff. We booked with Virgin Holidays, who I’m generally not a big fan of but the convenience of being able to book everything together was too much to resist.

We booked two weeks at All Star Movies resort from December 4th to December 18th. We didn’t book a dining plan and we bought tickets up front too. We did float the idea of a preferred room but decided against it based on VH wanting an extra £300 or something silly just for a room in a different place.

So, who’s going?

There’s me, Laura. Also known as mummy. Sometimes known as mummummummummummummum. Chief planner, Dibber and Orlando first timer!

Amy is 32. Also answers to mama. It’s her third time to Orlando although she hasn’t been for some 20 years.

Eden is turning two on December 14th. She is Disney NUTS. Absolutely loves Mickey, Minnie, Elena of Avalor, Rapunzel and oddly... Pete!

Hopefully by this point we’re in for thrills and spills galore. I have no doubt that there will be some rough moments - two year olds are famous for it - but I’m hoping we’re going to have a magical time. It definitely won’t be once in a lifetime, but I feel like I’ve been waiting a lifetime already since we booked!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 0 - Sunday 3rd December - The Curse of the Gatwick Express
Day 1 - Monday 4th December - We Can Fly!
Day 2 - Tuesday 5th December - Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs
Day 3 - Wednesday 6th December - EPCOT (Part One) AND Part Two
Day 4 - Thursday 7th December - Bon Voyage Breakfast, Hollywood Studios and Whispering Canyon Cafe
Day 5 - Friday 8th December - Outlet Shopping and Dinosaurs
Day 6 - Saturday 9th December - Cinderella's Royal Table and Shopping
Day 7 - Sunday 10th December - Duvet Day
Day 8 - Monday 11th December - More Magic Kingdon and BOG!
Day 9 - Tuesday 12th December - Time For Your Check-Up and Minnie's Seasonal Dine
Day 10 - Wednesday 13th December - Animal Kingdom
Day 11 - Thursday 14th December -Eden's Second Birthday!
Day 12 - Friday 15th December - Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Day 13 - Saturday 16th December - Typhoon Lagoon and EPCOT
Day 14 - Sunday 17th December - MK and 'Ohana
Day 15 - Monday 18th December - Homeward Bound

Highs and Lows

Also, we're going back! As you can see by our countdown, we've booked to go back again. We'll be headed over on September 23rd 2019, which is AGES away! We've booked a water view room at the Beach Club and got free Disney Dining and a $200 gift card. We booked with Virgin Holidays again as, after the flying club discount, they came up cheapest.

Mother in law and two sister in laws are going on the same dates too, but they're staying at Coronado Springs. There were no Beach Club rooms available for their dates.

Pre-Trippie will probably be along towards the end of the year.
Can't wait for this little girlie to see her favourites all over again!

Edited at 06:36 AM.
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Hey! I'm glad you're writing a trip report, even though it sounds as if your holiday wasn't what you hoped for. I hope Eden is recovered and enjoying being a big girl.
Old 21 Dec 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
Hey! I'm glad you're writing a trip report, even though it sounds as if your holiday wasn't what you hoped for. I hope Eden is recovered and enjoying being a big girl.
I feel like I need to document it at least. There were good moments, for sure, and it feels unfair to not document those
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I'm glad you've decided to still write a trip report as it will be lovely for you, Amy and Eden to look back on in years to come even if there are more highs and lows. Hopefully as you write it and look back maybe the highs will outweigh the lows afterall except for Eden being ill of course.
Look forward to reading more
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 17, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
marialouise
Apprentice Imagineer

we had exactly the same with our son in November. he turned 2 there, we were with virgin holidays also. same as u they had to enter a different birth date, he was on our laps there and his own seat back. worth as we didn't pay the fare as you say
Old 23 Dec 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
I'm glad you've decided to still write a trip report as it will be lovely for you, Amy and Eden to look back on in years to come even if there are more highs and lows. Hopefully as you write it and look back maybe the highs will outweigh the lows afterall except for Eden being ill of course.
Look forward to reading more
I figured it was worth a shot. The first few days will be fun at least.

Originally Posted by marialouise View Post
we had exactly the same with our son in November. he turned 2 there, we were with virgin holidays also. same as u they had to enter a different birth date, he was on our laps there and his own seat back. worth as we didn't pay the fare as you say
It's handy, isn't it? Amazingly though, when I called to book the lady was first insistent that I'd have to pay child rate for the whole trip. it wasn't until she checked with her supervisor that she sorted herself out. I wen tin armed having already asked on twitter.
Old 23 Dec 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Day 3 Epcot Part ONE and Part TWO now up
Old 31 Dec 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Day four up!
Old 9 Jan 18, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

day 5 up
Old 9 Jan 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

day 6...