Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
I am staying at AKL at the end of April, beginning of May and received this just now by email...

During your stay, all purchases and services made at Jambo House will only be handled with via Magic Bands, contactless and mobile payments. A cash deposit or credit card may be provided at check-in to activate room charging privileges as needed. Bell Services, Valet, Bartenders and Servers can continue to be recognised for their excellent service with cash gratuities per your discretion.
So it doesn't look like a short trial.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
I'm 67 Mr TM - what are you sayin'?
Geoff. But you are like me. In our 60's but act like we are teenagers!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are staying offsite this trip so no magic bands. We were planning on visiting Boma for breakfast but won’t be now. I think it should be up to the individual how they choose to pay. We prefer to pay for meals with cash for budgeting purposes. If Disney don’t want our money then we will go elsewhere to eat!
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Florida Gator View Post
We are staying offsite this trip so no magic bands. We were planning on visiting Boma for breakfast but won’t be now. I think it should be up to the individual how they choose to pay. We prefer to pay for meals with cash for budgeting purposes. If Disney don’t want our money then we will go elsewhere to eat!
There’s plenty of places around the world where cash isn’t accepted, and it’s only going to be more prevalent

I’ve no problem at all with this. As long as it’s clearly advertised. Then you, as the consumer, can make the choice on whether to agree to their conditions.
Old 17 Jan 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited83
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I don't have a problem with this at all. I love using Apple pay on my iPhone and I'm not aware of any cloning issues etc with that. They do say you can use a gift card so maybe preloading one of them with cash might make some people feel more comfortable.
Excited83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Oh blimey. I have only just given up traveller's cheques because less and less places were taking them, and now they are ditching my cash too! As someone with more than a touch of OCD, I take cash split up into envelopes for each week, with daily spending limits written on the outside of each envelope. This stems back to years ago when my kids were little and would spend everything they took in the first 2 days! But it also helps me budget while we are there. If I put it all onto my Magic Band or a gift card, I can't keep track of daily spending as easily.

Disney are great at 'keeping up with the times', but sometimes ideas like this and the one where everything is now done by mobile phone (My Disney Experience, FastPasses, and even room keys in some cases!), it can be a bit more difficult for the international traveller with wads of unfamiliar dollars and no international roaming on their phones!

Dinosaur rant over.
Old 17 Jan 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
"During your stay, all purchases and services made at Jambo House will only be handled with via Magic Bands, contactless and mobile payments."
Strange. It doesn't mention standard credit card/debit card payments in that sentence - only contactless.

Offsiters with old-style credit cards are going to be stuck. And a family's lunch or dinner is probably going to cost more than £30, so that's above the current contactless limit for many cards.

I guessing that it was supposed to include other electronic payments in that list?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
This appears to be the fuller version.

Valid forms of payments will be MagicBands, credit cards, debit cards, Disney Gift Cards, Disney Rewards Redemption Cards and contactless payments such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Makes no difference to me anyway. Everything goes on Magic Bands. Last trip I used $60 in cash total for 3 weeks.

I dont use cash at home. I have paid using contactless in Sainsbury's for something costing 14p before (I only needed one small onion). I was berated by my DW for doing it as she classed it as embarrassing I class it as progress
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
Makes no difference to me anyway. Everything goes on Magic Bands. Last trip I used $60 in cash total for 3 weeks.

I dont use cash at home. I have paid using contactless in Sainsbury's for something costing 14p before (I only needed one small onion). I was berated by my DW for doing it as she classed it as embarrassing I class it as progress
Simon. 14p for an onion - that's eye watering. Sorry best I could do!