Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Feb 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

I'm loving these suggestions.

Where are the chair acrobats?

I've seen a few shows on YouTube like the fish stall juggling thing. Are there schedules for these types of things or are they more of a flash mob thing?

Bilge Rat Barges is my favourite ride at Universal but ashamedly, I've never sat and watched from the viewing area. I've heard it's quite mesmerising watching all the guests get soaked.

I feel a little downhearted that after the dozens of days we've spent in the parks at Universal, I've never stopped to enjoy these things. I never got a red sports car when I hit 50, so I'm counting this as my mid life crisis.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
I'm loving these suggestions.

Where are the chair acrobats?
Just past Port of Entry, at the edge of the lake where you turn right for Seuss and left for Hulk. Backwater bar is tucked just to the right and is over looked by most for drinks and snacks. There is a chalk board with the show times

If you are going to be there after the middle of September, don't forget Halloween Horror Nights, worth a laugh and you see the Universal Set Designers at their best.

There is a lot to do in the evenings, we like a pint at Margaritaville, listening to the music (or Pat O'Briens too or Hard Rock Cafe), lots of the hotels have nightly dive in movies and pool side bars.

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another massive thumbs up for Horror Makeup Show it is hilarious. Also the street shows with the jugglers is very entertaining. We also love the Harry Potter shows and character interaction with "Doc" from BTTF and the Men in Black
Old 18 Feb 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Atomic01
Excited about Disney

Atomic01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Go sit outside the Hopping Pot in Diagon Alley, have a butterbeer and watch people getting slopped on the head with water while their kids do the Aguamenti spell at the fountain

08/2013 - Vista Cay Apartments 08/2015 - Sandy Ridge Private Villa - Wedding trip!
08/2016 - Royal Pacific 08/2017 - Royal Pacific 08/2018 - Royal Pacific

11/2019 - Royal Caribbean/Royal Pacific
Atomic01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

My favourite thing to do, stay in Universal after the park has closed and be one of the last to leave the park - it's a great photo opportunity and so lovely having sections of the park almost to yourself. 😊

Edited at 07:49 PM.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Are they still doing the Cinematic Spectacular show? It isn’t a patch on the Disney shows but nice for what it is.

We did the dining package with a lovely meal at Lombard’s and a relaxing time sat on the decking watching the show.

Also don’t miss the Musica della Notte show at Portofino in the evenings.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

We love universal all the more now that we don’t have kids to bring😂 We stay on site and just take each day easy, popping in and out of the parks and doing little bits as opposed to blitzing everything at once. We try to find something new to do each time we go, although this year, having not been since 2015, it’s not going to be hard! Got skull island, jimmy fallon, the refurbed hulk and possibly fast and furious. Other than that, we love the animal show and little things like watching the ducks in the garden area opposite the garden of allah (if that’s what it’s called!) and people watching in general. It’s fab to be able to take in the smaller details, away from the hustle and bustle of the big rides🙂
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
Bit of a left field question but...

I was just watching a Tim Tracker Video of US where he was watching a street show in US park. It struck me that in all our 27 years of visiting, sadly we've never really stopped and smelled the coffee at Universal. Always gone from ride to ride with small interludes like the Blues Brothers or something to eat.
Speaking for myself only - I find Universal Studios/IoA to be very "theme parky"; akin to what you'd find in the UK (like Alton Towers, etc) -- but with better rides.

I don't feel as immersed in US/IoA; the atmosphere just isn't there. As such, I never really thought to stop and smell the roses, as it were... because it feels like aside from the rides - there's nothing worth stopping for.

One year I did see part of the parade with Spongebob in was thinking to myself "Wow, these guys have nothing on Disney".

I'll stick to going from ride to ride - I'll stop and smell the roses at Disney; where that experience is designed from the ground up. Feels like an afterthought at Universal.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
do they still do fear factor live... if so and you are feeling particularly brave why not volunteer to take part in the show

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
... or try to get one of your unsuspecting party up on stage at the Horror Make Up Show

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List