Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 23 Feb 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Kimmy200
Being a bit Goofy

First time with children - May 2018

Hi

I’m planning our first ever Disney trip with our children (6 and 1 1/2). My husband and I have been twice before (years ago) but I know it’ll be a different pace with children. Would you mind looking at our itinerary below please and letting me know if I should change anything or if I should be trying to get reservations anywhere for a car/sport obsessed little boy.

Oh and we’re staying at universal.

Thank you so much in advance.

Wed 23rd - travel day

Thursday 24th - magic kingdom

Friday 25th may - Epcot day
1.45 coral reef

Saturday 26th - early entry at universal, afternoon maybe chill. Classic car show in evening.

Sunday 27th - springs

12.45 T-Rex lunch

Afternoon at water park

Monday 28th - animal kingdom
9.55 Tuskers breakfast
7.30pm rainforest cafe

Tuesday 29th - Busch gardens day

Wednesday 30th - Legoland

Thursday 31st - Animal Kingdom
1.30 Sanaa lunch

Friday 1st june - universal day

Saturday 2nd June - Clearwater beach day

Sunday 3rd June - Kennedy Space Centre

Monday 4th June
10.00 Ohana breakfast

Tuesday 5th June - free day to choose what to go back to

Wednesday 6th June - travel back

Edited at 10:03 AM.
Kimmy200 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Hi,
The only day I would change is your Sunday at Disney Springs + waterpark, both will be very busy, better off doing this midweek if you can shuffle your days around.

Have a great holiday
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Hi, you’ve obviously been before so don’t want to teach you to suck eggs but what tickets do you have? Just make sure you get the most out of them. You only have one day down for MK and none for HS. I find these parks goid for little ones so you may want to allocate more time there? HS Disney junior, beauty and the beast show etc are great for young ones. I agree about looking to change the day of your water park visit. As for Busch Gardens it’s not somewhere we have considered going especially with little ones, due to the travel time getting there and all the ‘big rides’ they wouldn’t be able to go on. You have a few days with long car journeys for kids, you know your kids best, but mine wouldn’t cope with a late ADR at rainforest and then an early start to get to Busch Gardens the next day. I’ve tried to make sure we at least have a later start or more relaxed start to the day following a late night. As for ADRs have you looked at sci-if diner in HS you actually sit in a car to eat! Have a great time we are there too in May

Edited at 10:51 PM.
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Kimmy200
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by dorsetmutley View Post
Hi,
The only day I would change is your Sunday at Disney Springs + waterpark, both will be very busy, better off doing this midweek if you can shuffle your days around.

Have a great holiday
Thank you so much for this, I’m going to look at shuffling things about.
Kimmy200 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Kimmy200
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
Hi, you’ve obviously been before so don’t want to teach you to suck eggs but what tickets do you have? Just make sure you get the most out of them. You only have one day down for MK and none for HS. I find these parks goid for little ones so you may want to allocate more time there? HS Disney junior, beauty and the beast show etc are great for young ones. I agree about looking to change the day of your water park visit. As for Busch Gardens it’s not somewhere we have considered going especially with little ones, due to the travel time getting there and all the ‘big rides’ they wouldn’t be able to go on. You have a few days with long car journeys for kids, you know your kids best, but mine wouldn’t cope with a late ADR at rainforest and then an early start to get to Busch Gardens the next day. I’ve tried to make sure we at least have a later start or more relaxed start to the day following a late night. As for ADRs have you looked at sci-if diner in HS you actually sit in a car to eat! Have a great time we are there too in May
I said the same thing about HS tonight to my husband, I completely overlooked it. I don’t know how! Thank you for letting me know what’s good for the little
ones there. It’s been so long since we’ve been and we only went as adults so it’s dedinitely a different trip. I’ll look at the sci fi diner as well.

We’ve got freedom ultimate tickets for 14 days so everything’s covered. Unfortunately we have to do Busch gardens for another member of the family but from memory the animals were great there so we’ll be doing that with the boys rather than the rides.

Thank you for all the tips, I really do appreciate them. I feel frazzled sorting it all and trying to get it right. wishing we booked 3 weeks now ha ha.

Hope you have an amazing time as well.
Old 24 Feb 18, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wow- seems very full on, especially the AK, BG,Legoland, AK 4 days.
Seriously the drive to BG is over an hour (then hour back) as well as the day at the park. Then same again for Legoland.
Unless you are staying at Legoland hotel or something similar.

You then have KSC (hour each way), Clearwater, after a day at Universal
I would find that exhausting, and you will have 2 young uns.

We always do a ‘chill day’ after BG😳
Enjoy though 👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 04:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I would try and fit in more at MK, you are going the first day and will make rope drop as you will be up ridiculously early! First day we were there we were there at 7.30am but back in the villa by 3 because we were exhausted, we had a 5 year old with us.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Kimmy200
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Wow- seems very full on, especially the AK, BG,Legoland, AK 4 days.
Seriously the drive to BG is over an hour (then hour back) as well as the day at the park. Then same again for Legoland.
Unless you are staying at Legoland hotel or something similar.

You then have KSC (hour each way), Clearwater, after a day at Universal
I would find that exhausting, and you will have 2 young uns.

We always do a ‘chill day’ after BG😳
Enjoy though 👍
Yeah I’ve got a feeling we’ll end up dropping something once we are there and we know how we feel.

Thankfully the boys are fine on car journeys we have to do lots of regular long journeys at home but the constant parks may be a bit much.

Thank you for your feedback.
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kimmy200 View Post
Yeah I’ve got a feeling we’ll end up dropping something once we are there and we know how we feel.

Thankfully the boys are fine on car journeys we have to do lots of regular long journeys at home but the constant parks may be a bit much.

Thank you for your feedback.
You are welcome - I remember our first visit with our 4 boys and the first day knocked up for six as our flight was delayed etc and we were exhausted.
See how you go when you are there, I understand though wanted to pack as much in as possible, we were exact the dsame
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List