Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Feb 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

There is some great advice on here but you and your son also need some support and general guidance emotionally as well as practically. Get in touch with one of the bullying charities like Kidscape, have a search on line for others. They have seen this before and know the best ways forward. Where are your son's friends in all this? My daughter was bullied in senior school and the one thing we said to her was never to be on her own and log every single thing with a witness using the school's policy, there should be a form.

Good luck to your son and make sure he doesn't spend too much time in his room on his own and that he keeps talking to you.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I can't abide bullying it makes me sick to my stomach. I really feel for your son and you. My son same age has been bullied but refused any intervention from me much to my horror. ( I did intervene) A lad pulled his pants down in front of the whole changing room I had to pick him up sobbing. The school were ok dealt with it fairly seriously. You've already had some good advice about involving the police. Keep him talking and don't let him hide away. If you don't get any better response from the school go to the governors and ask to see the schools anti bullying policy. High school here had mixed years form it was great because right from year 7 children had older buddies who looked out for them. Sadly that's stopped and I think that's such a poor decision because it worked so well. Has he got a good pastoral support he can go to?

Edited at 05:33 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post

I feel so sorry for your DS. He's been mentally intimidated, physically assaulted, and was too frightened to go to classes. The school have failed in their duty of care.
Good luck sorting it out.

Edited at 06:07 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Oh gosh - what a nightmare for you all.

It must be soo distressing.

As a police officer I suggest you report the burn to the police - this is an assault pure and simple.
Its not like a bit of pushing and shoving in the playground! (which is bad enough!)

I would report it TODAY.

Their may be a schools liaison officer that will also get involved.

Also - not to add to your concerns but it may be that these bullies are doing to other boys who havent said anything - if the police are invovled then they can assist with this.

The school are acting in an outrageous way - I think you should be speaking directly to the board of governors as the school appear to be taking very little action to protect your son.

Best wishes

Katie
Completely agree with Katie.

If anyone should be moved out of top set; assuming they're not expelled; it's the bullies.

Take care.
Old 23 Feb 18, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Burning somebody intentionally is an assault. I'd be getting the Police involved.
Old 23 Feb 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I don’t have any extra advice to what has been said but just wanted to say how sorry I am that your poor son is going through this and you as his mum. My heart hurts for you. Xx
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post

as above. I think the situation is heartbreaking and the school are being shockingly lax in their handling of it
Old 23 Feb 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Can you go with him on Monday and sort it out before the lessons, I wouldn’t send my child unless I knew it was being resolved! Tell the school you are getting the police involved and see what they say, if they don’t do anything go to the station a report it, good luck x
Old 23 Feb 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

I am so very sorry your son is going through this hell, my son who was 15 at the time was bullied at school by a girl! She threatened him and our family and his school were useless, just advised me to keep him at home until it was sorted, and it was impossible to get an appointment with the head, to cut a long story short we went to the police. We were scared to death by this point, the police however did act and she was taken in and this was enough to stop her.
I totally lost confidence with the school from then on.
He is 22 now and doing amazingly, we're very proud of him.

Please go with your gut feelings, these vile people must not be allowed to bully anyone anymore.

Good luck my thoughts are with you all
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Would your son find it a relief if you said he could move schools?
Eldest dd’s school (she’s 20 now and happy thankfully) were completely useless dealing with bullying and the deputy told her that transferring schools in the last year would be totally terrible for her future blah blah blah... turns out it was the best thing she and we ever did and in hindsight I should have done it sooner.
Life is too short to be sad... I really feel for you and your ds as it’s a huge weight on your shoulders when your going through it. Sending hugs x