Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jul 09, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post

As I understand it there is a large area of unused property to the rear of Fantasyland. There may be potential to build unseen and then redirect into the new environment and features whilst re-tooling the existing attractions. Its a very popular area so Disney cannot afford to have it all sealed off for a significant period.

Gordon
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mrscopeman
Imagineer

Looking at this I'm of the opinion some of the attractions at DHS (and possibly Epcot) will be changing in line with these changes. Squinting at the plan (would have like a more detailed jpg, which is very very good if its a hoax):

- The Mermaid area is a Titled Attraction competing with the show at DHS. Its large enough to be a stage show (getting scale is a bit hard) and definatey has a queuing area which is very large. Its very ampitheatre in shape (internally).

- Dumbo, as the OP state, is now two rides with an "next gen interactive" queue area. Got to like the sound of that, no more nothing to do in the queues.

- Again squinting, but it doesn't say Goofeys Coaster, it says something like Cheesey Coaster on the Barnstormer plans. Maybe the Cinderella mice?

- The Cinderella Attraction looks like two small stages in design

- The Belle restaurant is huge. Really interesting shape, again like a theatre with deliberately larged sized rooms in the wings. Perhaps a Show and Dine? Or perhaps different themed areas to eat in, the left hand wing looks like in might have a large fireplace.

- The downside is everything looks like walk in and around attractions. Disneys stated aim is to make more use of space and moving/automatic attractions use a lot of space. Again having the princesses in one place might signal the end for them in the other parks?

So Mermaid and Belle out of DHS, possibly the Belle stage show becoming High School Musical? Bringing some clarity to DHS as the TV/Pixar Film park?

Surprised they haven't published a 2009 forward plan yet, I wonder if this is part of it.

I must admit I had the Indys Cars to become a full Cars attraction when Cars 2 is released.
With Own Brood: '07 POFQ | '08 POFQ | '09 SSR | '10 BCR | '11 AKL | '12 OKW | '13 AoA | '14 OKW | '15 UCR/Texas/ASM
mrscopeman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Do anything to cut the queues - PLEASE!

I have been waiting for years for MK to do something with the space of water that used to be the old 'submarine ride' (cant remember what is was called). I hope they don't bring in to many big rides at MK though - It was supposed to be a family park where everyone can ride together. If it changes to much it will end up being another theme park where families are split up with 'riders and non-riders' etc. When we are at Islands of Adventure, our family always split up and it's a bit of a shame.
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mrscopeman
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine View Post
I have been waiting for years for MK to do something with the space of water that used to be the old 'submarine ride' (cant remember what is was called). I hope they don't bring in to many big rides at MK though - It was supposed to be a family park where everyone can ride together. If it changes to much it will end up being another theme park where families are split up with 'riders and non-riders' etc. When we are at Islands of Adventure, our family always split up and it's a bit of a shame.
I know some won't like it, but if they start to bring clarity to the parks, what they are, whats there, the kind of target audience (in market jargon speech), they'll probably do better business ultimately.

However there are some hurdles in that and some of it would be painful. But unless they start from scratch I can't see what else they could do.
With Own Brood: '07 POFQ | '08 POFQ | '09 SSR | '10 BCR | '11 AKL | '12 OKW | '13 AoA | '14 OKW | '15 UCR/Texas/ASM
mrscopeman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Oh wow - it does sound fab and I am sure, in true Disney style, it will be.
Old 21 Jul 09, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post

My DD's are 13 & 11 and have totally outgrown Disney the way it is now, we have visited many many times since 2001 and not a lot has really changed... I think the fairy/princesses development is good, but they really need to be concentrating on bringing people back to Disney... they already have the attention of the young girls and they're Mums with the attractions they already offer... what about the rest of us?
Old 21 Jul 09, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mrscopeman
Imagineer

Originally Posted by solo View Post
My DD's are 13 & 11 and have totally outgrown Disney the way it is now, we have visited many many times since 2001 and not a lot has really changed... I think the fairy/princesses development is good, but they really need to be concentrating on bringing people back to Disney... they already have the attention of the young girls and they're Mums with the attractions they already offer... what about the rest of us?
Like I said its very easy to look at these MK plans and think they are isolated, I don't think they are. There is a logical step in them to making the parks all a bit different, rather than the same old, in a different setting.
Old 21 Jul 09, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh I wouldn't like to see Mickey and Minnies houses go though !
Old 21 Jul 09, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mkingdon
Imagineer

mkingdon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Surely the Indy car thing would be an ideal candidate to make a Cars attraction out of for the boys?

I think refreshing things is always good, but the plans do seem to lack any real substance. What was the last major ride built at MK...Splash, I think and that was late eighties/early nineties?

They need something else of that scale IMO.
Old 21 Jul 09, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mrscopeman
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mkingdon View Post
Surely the Indy car thing would be an ideal candidate to make a Cars attraction out of for the boys?

I think refreshing things is always good, but the plans do seem to lack any real substance. What was the last major ride built at MK...Splash, I think and that was late eighties/early nineties?

They need something else of that scale IMO.
Solid Rumours persist of a Monsters Inc Doors ride.

Be ware Disney have publically stated they are not the game of big massive attractions using lots of space. They prefer more compact attractions, which kind of rules out (large scale) rollercoasters.