Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Feb 10, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Big Changes Coming to Magic Kingdom This Summer?

inline image It is rumoured that there are big changes coming to the Magic Kingdom this summer. Although, at the moment it is only a speculation, but it should be confirmed within the next couple of days.

Firstly, many of you will be sad to hear that SpectroMagic will be taking a break. It may be replaced for a short time by Disneys "Mainstreet Electrical Parade", which had its last run at the Magic Kingdom in April 2001. This could explain the issues with SpectroMagic appearing on Official Park Calendars from July onwards.

"Wishes! A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams" will also be taking a break, and it is rumoured that it will be replaced by "Magic, Music, Mayhem!" - a highly popular show that has previously only run at Disneys Pirates and Princess Party. This means the return of the perimeter fireworks!

There may also be a special new finale to IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth on the cards.

I understand that there are several more surprises in store for the Magic Kingdom this summer - watch this space!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spectromagic-logo-9x12 (200 x 150).jpg
Views:	125101
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	20845  

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 10, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Keep up to date with this story over at the News and Updates Social Group.

**UPDATED** Updates on this story over in the News and Updates Social Group as of 11/02/2010. These changes have now been officially confirmed!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**

Edited at 09:19 PM.
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 10, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellie
Very Serious Dibber

Cinderellie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Awwww I love Spectromagic - but it will be good to see a bit of retro Disney (retromagic you might say ha ha).
I wonder what else we can expect!
Cinderellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 10, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
cloud
Imagineer

cloud's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Oh no! we are taking friends over with us this time who have never seen Spectro Magic and really wanted to see it, when is it due to stop?

Seattle December 2022
cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 10, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
steruth
VIP Dibber

I will be so gutted if this stops both of them they are what makes the magic kingdom i think, They should stil run them at least once a week and the others the other nights if they need to. I hope they keep them there.
x
Old 10 Feb 10, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
shaz luvs tink
Imagineer

do you think wishes will still be on in august since they have listed it on the august park hours? we booked california grill to watch wishes from the roof top and was also thinking of booking a wishes cruise
shaz luvs tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 10, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post

I'll never ever forgive them if they do away with Illuminations - reflections of earth at Epcot. By far and away THE best firework show on this entire earth.
Will be nice to see Main Street Electrical parade again - last saw it at Disney's California Adventure in 2004.

Edited at 10:23 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 10, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post

As much as I enjoy the parades and shows I am still confident Disney will bring in replacements that are the equal of what went before. These are big draws and they cannot afford a mis-step so will have thought long and hard before making the big decision.

I look forward to the Electrical Parade if its on in October.

Gordon
Old 10 Feb 10, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tori-ori-oria
Excited about Disney

Tori-ori-oria's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My family thought I was dying. I let out some sort of piercing scream.

Life is so unfair. The Electrical Parade is my all-time favourite. But we are there this Easter and will miss it.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
1993 - DLP Sequoia Lodge...1997 - DLP Newport Bay...2001 - Orlando, Private Villa...2003 - DLP Sequoia Lodge...2008 - Orlando, Private Villa...2010 - Orlando, Private Villa...2014 - Orlando, Private Villa, Beach Club and RPR
Tori-ori-oria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 10, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tori-ori-oria View Post
My family thought I was dying. I let out some sort of piercing scream.

Life is so unfair. The Electrical Parade is my all-time favourite. But we are there this Easter and will miss it.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I think its good that when we go at easter we will get to see specto and wishes for a second and last time! we can start planning another wdw holiday just to go see the electric parade

Tags
epcot, hollywood studios, illuminations, magic kingdom, spectromagic, tower of terror, wishes