Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Nov 10, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We too saw the cut down show which wasn't a patch on Believe. I was speaking to a member of staff later who said that Seaworld had stopped all trainers going in the water and they would not be doing it again so the Beleive show would not being happening any more
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 10, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
aydeepee
VIP Dibber

aydeepee's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 7
Lets face it - 'Believe' since the death has been a patched up production. It relied on interation which is now, I reckon, a thing of the past and therefore does not 'fit' with the original storyline/message etc.

A new show, despite the statements coming out of the park, will have been fastracked after the death and theyve been treading water (so to speak) since then.

Agree with some of the posts here re the anti climax after the dolphin show 'Blue Horizons' which is very classy and spectacular.

I just hope the new show puts the Shamu thing back on the map and re-engages the audience as, despite what some of us grown ups think, the kids love it!

If it does come off - it will be a spectacular comeback and a will have taken some genius PR given the mixed reviews of the park at the mo.

We still love it tho!

1993 - I-Drive & Clearwater / 1996 - I-Drive / 2006 - DLP / 2007 - I-Drive / 2008 - I-Drive & RPR / 2009 - I-Drive & RPR (again!) / 2011 - RPR / 2013 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2014 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2016 - RPR & Beach Club...again (Greatest Hits Tour!) / Sept 2019 - Silver Wedding Anniversary - Capes and Parks Tour / Sept 2022 - Cape, Beach & Parks + IAN! / Sept 2024 - hoping to avoid Ian v2 *
aydeepee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 10, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
motty1969
Imagineer

motty1969's Reviews
Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
something needs to be done as the show this year ( oct ) was dull and boring and made us think about seaworld as a day out next time we go ( infact we decided not to bother )

even my 7yr DD said " is that it ? ? ? that wasnt the same as last time "
Have to agree with you there. we walked out of it on our last visit because they were more interested in praising Their troops in Afganistan to be honest. I'm married to an ex Royal Navy sailor and very proud of the fact, he was in Bosnia and The Gulf during both conflicts. The Americans were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over the top, you would think they were the only troops out there. We got sick of it so came out after about 20 mins, the show was well boring too, not half as good as the ones we'd gone to since 2000! Shamu rocks is fab and the Xmas one with the gospel choir is amazing. Believe, nah change it if you ask me.
motty1969 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 10, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
burns3466
Getting Excited

Seaworld was one of my favourite parks but I was rather disappointed the last time I went with my family. I love to see the killer whales as they are such magnificant creatures but I found the Believe show to be too sugary sweet and over the top. I can totally understand why the show would have to be reinvented following the tragic death of the trainer, and I personally would prefer a return to the days when the show were more about informing you and educating you about the animals rather than the glitzy show. That's just my own personal opinion though. My children loved Believe and loved chanting 'Shamu, Shamu' :-)
Old 20 Nov 10, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post

i had never been to seaworld before so believe was amazing for me. i had never before seen such an amazing animal and i really enjoyed it but i have heard many opinions on the show (including from my fiancee who went as a child to florida and saw the old shows) stating that the shows are not as good since the trainers can no longer go in the water with the whales. i think it might be quite good to do something differant (maybe in memory of the lady that was tragically killed) people then may not be so dissapointed and compare the show to previous shows they may have seen? either way im looking forward to returning to seaworld for all the shows. it was my most favourite park.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 10, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by motty1969 View Post
. The Americans were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over the top, you would think they were the only troops out there. We got sick of it so came out after about 20 mins, the show was well boring too, not half as good as the ones .
to be fair, they do mention the british and then mention the partners in conflict
Old 22 Nov 10, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
001_ATLANTIS
Serious Dibber

Seaworld really need to do something because 'Believe' is just a shaddow of it's former self and is frankly now a bit of a let down. I wouldn't however just stop at revamping the killer whale show. The whole park needs MAJOR investment in new attractions and it can't afford to trade on its past reputation forever.

The loss of the Hospitality House (and the free Bud) and the Clydesdale Horses has left a bit of a dead area in that section of the park. It also really annoys me that after having forked out royally for admission tickets you are required to pay extra to go up the tower. I'm afraid that I regard this as a blatant rip off.

Seaworld used to be a favourite park for me but I would now be prepared to give it a miss next time unless there is something new to see or do.
001_ATLANTIS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 10, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
angelcake71
Imagineer

I didnt see the Believe show.. it was the Blue Horizons dolphin show that I saw.. in October this year Agree I was miffed that you had to pay to go up in the tower too

Edited at 09:54 AM. Reason: added more
angelcake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 10, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
florida2010
Imagineer

florida2010's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 177
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by craigsteeps View Post
I must say that i was disappointed with Beleive when we saw it on Sunday... After watching the dolphin & bird show first it was a bit of anti climax.. I think a new show may be in order...

I think you've hit the nail on the head with this comment - the Dolphin show - Blue Horizons is now really the park's no.1 show - we went to the Dolphin show three times over two days; we were just so impressed and was a clear highlight of our holiday. Shamu Rocks was still good to see but not the same as it used to be and somehow missing that overall wow factor. Obviously it must be hard for all concerned after the tragic accident and redesigning and adding a new concept to the show seems to be a good idea - time moves on. Hope the new experience is worth the wait.
| First Disney Cruise & Beach Club August 2015 | Cane Island July 2016 & Dream Cruise
florida2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 10, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post

i dislike the " carnival stall games " all over the park, the 3 - 4 $ a pop to play and win a little cuddly toy really smacks of " cheapness and a desire to pry a little more $ out of your wallet "

its cheap and a bit let down