Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Dec 14, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisalimetree
Excited about Disney

Looking for reviews on Dyson handheld vacuum

I am looking at buying a Dyson handheld vacuum DC56 or DC59

Anyone got any reviews as I feel £249 is a lot.
Old 28 Dec 14, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Sorry, not a review but we have been looking at Dyson's the last couple of days. I love the idea of the cordless hand helds, but decided they are not for me as it takes me longer than 20 minutes to vacuum the house and I don't want to be half way through the job then have to wait to finish it!

Saying that, they are so light and very handy I would imagine. Whether it would work for you would probably depend on how you do your cleaning.

Bought DC40 today

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 14, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

We have one but the battery is shocking. It came with a wall mounted charging dock which we keep it on but that killed the battery after a year so that it only lasts about 10 seconds! A new battery from dyson is about £50. They told me that wasn't covered under the warranty as batteries are expected to only have a limited life.

Other batteries are available for about £20 but to pay that every year or two make an expensive handheld even more costly.

My sister has one and also has battery issues.

If it were me I'd buy a cheaper one and replace it more often.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 14, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

We had one a few years back and I wouldn't buy another.
The battery packed up about 2 days after the warranty expired. It would lose its charge after about 2-3 seconds. The repair charge was about £150 so it went in the bin.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 14, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post

I've had mine for 3/4 months and love it! I have the newest one, bought from Dyson through Quidco.
I can vacuum the entire downstairs and middle floor (12 rooms...including the bathrooms and stairs) on one charge (on the normal sucking power...only one level if on the super sucking power!). I then need to pop it into the charger for 15 mins to do the other flight of stairs and the 3rd floor.
I wouldn't be without mine now !
(I also have an upright Dyson which is so heavy I hate it...although never learnt my lesson as it is our 3rd upright Dyson)
Edited to say... I think the new models have different batteries now and... the quite small dirt container is a bit of a pain in the neck...but then again if it was bigger I would be cursing the weight!

Edited at 07:40 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 14, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
we have one and and it's fantastic as a second hover for blasting round and doing the hard to get to bits.

For a main hover it would be no good due to the battery being pants!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 14, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have had one for over a year and love it. I have a bad back and was starting to have problems with the traditional heavier cleaners.

We have never had a problem with the battery and one charge is enough for me to do a four bedroom house.

I find that I have to dismantle the brush to clean it a lot (easy to do), as it gets clogged up with long hair very easily.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 14, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

We have had one for 6 months they are ok but not worth the money in my opinion.
keith1973 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 14, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
flossom
slightly serious Dibber

We were bought the Dyson Animal DC59 for Christmas and we love it already.
We don't have a large house but the 20 mins charge is more than enough. I hated dragging the other dyson out and carting it upstairs far too heavy and a pain with the wire not being long enough. Because its so light and portable you get it out more so you don't have to do that long clean up. Love how it stores neatly away on its docking station. My o/h likes how its trigger controlled rather than a complete on and off switch if you know what i mean.
Some good review of it here…
johnlewis/dyson-dc59-...abinfo-ratings
Old 29 Dec 14, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
blondie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have one and i love it, the hand held is so good for cleaning the settee and stairs ,wouldnt be without ours x
Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando 2011
Tuscan Hills Villa (Dibb) 2013 ,2014 ANNIE
blondie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread