Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Apr 18, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

IT'S GOING TO BE A BIG ONE!-Aug 2017 - Day 3 - IOA Early Entry - Universal & a Full on Family Row!

Trip Report Index

4 Nights Royal Pacific Resort – 6 Nights Beach Club – 16 nights Bahama Bay

Day 3 – Saturday 12th August 2017

‘’We were ‘THAT’ family! ’’

Just to start, I'm Lisa - the planner and reporter. Ade is my hubby and he's our driver and there's Hollie who is 18 and Louis is 15.

Starting off the day with this beautiful view again.

I do think it’s worth paying a little more for a nice view if you can. Pulling back the curtains in the morning and seeing something that instantly makes you smile and reminds you that you are on holiday gets the day off to such a great start.

We were up and out early for early morning park entry today.
We actually made it today!
The kids grabbed a muffin each on the way out of the room.

Another beautiful walk to the parks from Royal Pacific.
I’d read lots about the wait times at the new security areas heading in to City Walk.
This was another plus of staying on site. You still have the same security screens just before you reach the parks, more or less at the end of the walk ways, but the difference is we never had to wait. It was always really quiet.

The website said that both parks had early entry during the whole of our stay, so we thought we’d have a universal day today and get as much done as we could.

Only to find out the website lies and is was only IOA that had early entry.
Infact we learnt that you really can’t go by the Universal website at all as IOA was the only park with early entry for the whole time we were there and it also said the parks were open until 10pm but they closed at 9pm.

So we now headed straight over to IOA. Thought we’d do a couple of rides and get the Hogwarts Express over to carry on our Universal day.
To make a short cut, you don’t need to go back over the bridge and go via Citywalk. You can just take a left and walk past the Hard Rock and the Chocolate Emporium.

It brings you right out by IOA.

You get guided through Suess landing off in a roped area to the left.
I was wondering how they monitor this early entry, but you just hold your room key up. 1 per family and that’s it!

We did Harry Potter again.

And then we got to do Kong.
I’d really looked forward to it.
Ade and I loved it, then kids were more like ‘It’s ok!’. They expected it to be a little more thrilling.

We did the Dragon challenge next. All rides had been a walk on with the express passes so far.
Louis sat this one out. He likes rides but isn’t a thrill seeker.
He’s done them all before but if he has the choice he’s rather sit this kind out.
He’s old enough to know what he likes now and that’s cool with me.

Time to get the Hogwarts Express over to Universal.

It was a little busier over this side but still not too bad yet.

We did the Harry Potter ride here (I am the worst with names and struggle to remember the kid’s names let alone ride names).

This was Ade’s first time as the last time we were here and stayed at Hard Rock with both got sick. Ade had been unable to get out of bed in the morning so I did early entry on my own with the kids after having a migraine the day before. I’d still felt sicky, so todays was a much better experience and Ade really enjoyed this and thought he preferred it over the other. We all disagree.

Louis catching up with the footy!

The Mummy was next.
My favourite Universal ride.

And then we headed to Transformers.
The standard queue times were actually really low. I was surprised.
Like 15mins for the Mummy.

As we’d skipped breakie it was the early lunch that we’d all been waiting for.
I have been dreaming of this.
When we came last time and I had my migraine hangover the mash and gravy was the best thing I’d ever tasted.
We all feel that this place is one of the best park meals we ever eat.

There are several different places inside and you just queue for the one you want.
Chicken for me.

Burgers for them.

There are a few dining halls to choose from and if you get in there before the lunch rush it’s not busy at all.

This is the best things ever!

Louis loves the Krusty Burger.

Ade had the clogger or whatever it’s called.
I think this has to be the ugliest photo I’ve ever taken of Ade.

Hollie had a Krusty too!

We were all really hot and bothered now. It was super hot and sometimes we find we feel hotter in this park for some reason.

We did the Animal thing show (don’t ask me the name!)
We’d never done this before but sitting out of the sun was good.
Plus Hollie loves dogs and was missing our Poppy so much.

We decided to leave the park now, we were all hot and bothered and everything felt like an effort.
We stopped off for an air con break in a store on the way out. Loving TWD merch!

Feeling so hot, we got the water taxi back which is just over the bridge from Universal.

We couldn’t face the walk.

The afternoon turned in to a strange one.
Louis was wanting to go back out to the parks, but none of us did.
The kids wouldn’t entertain the pool, but then the rain came. Loads of it!
I had a snooze and everyone chilled out.
Louis still wanted to go back out and kept pestering for water rides and was asking when we were doing them. The rain just continued.
We haven’t been used to rain on our trips before, we’ve always been really lucky.
Louis was also being pretty gobby which was really upsetting as Universal was his thing we’d actually said last time that we wouldn’t be fussed with doing Universal again and here we are not only staying for 4 nights, but in a suite too.

The rain cleared and we decided to get the water rides done.
We all changed in to suitable water ride attire, left everything bar park passes behind and headed off.
To be really honest Hollie and I weren’t in the mood for them.

Louis was still being gobby and suddenly as we got to Popeye, we were that family.
It suddenly all came out and we had one big massive family argument out there in the open.
We’ve seen other families do this, but this was our first time.
Things needed to be said and it did clear the air. It wasn’t really the place for it, but it happened and we moved forward from there.
We did Popeye and obviously got drenched. But we laughed lots and it helped.

Well most of us laughed lots.
This was the only time during this trip that we now felt cold.
Louis wanted to do more water rides, but we were drenched and cold.
We said we’d come back another time.
We headed back to our room.

Ade and I had a chat and we were feeling a little ‘blah’ and wondered if a trip to the 192 would be what we needed. If that would lift our spirits.
We got showered and refreshed.
We called ahead to Texas Roadhouse to get on their seating list and headed out that way.

If felt good to be back on old ground again and we had a really good meal.

Just what we needed.

We always have great meals here.

And then the drive back to Universal and bed ready for the next park day.

We all had a chat about what happened earlier and agreed the heat really got to us in Universal today, plus we tackled the day in a way that isn’t us, we went from ride to ride. This isn’t how we do things, we like a slower pace and more of a wander. So we knew that tomorrow would be back to our usual park style which seems to suit us much better.

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I’m a little behind with responding, so sorry.

And sorry for those of you who have commented over the years on what a lovely family we are….we are completely normal and have upsets too!

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!

Edited at 11:34 AM.
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Well that's a relief ... perfection is over rated !

(I always think when I hear "We NEVER argue" that either someone isn't truthful ... or someone always gives in . Never arguing isn't normal, we all need a good blue to clear the air once in a while !)

Edited at 10:59 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

It's a good job you could all talk and laugh together after your family feud.

Nice idea going offsite for a meal, the photo of you all at the table is lovely
Old 21 Apr 18, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh dear a full on row outside of Popeye! Sometimes though it helps to clear the air and that way you don't have members of the family just seething or sulking for a few hours. I'm glad you all look a bit happier at dinner.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

You and Hollie are like twins in today’s lift selfie!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

This has reminded me I meant to comment on the previous day about the lovely photos of Hollie and Louis with their arms round each other, maybe not this day though!
I can’t wait to go back to texas
Old 22 Apr 18, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Another great report
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Mobile

We were “that family” last year in the line for Pirates. We laugh about it now 😆😆
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Another great day, shame about the row, but very normal

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
samhugs
Getting Excited

Mobile

I think all family’s have a moment like that on holiday!