Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Sep 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

We flew BHX-DUB-Miami last summer and it wasn’t a good experience. The BHX-Dub leg was delayed, we nearly missed our Miami flight (running through Dublin airport with 2 kids, 1 with physical issues was not fun). We made it to Miami, but 4/5 of our cases didn’t arrive.

Customer service and contact was non-existent, wasted a lot of park time replacing necessities and there was not a single person to speak to at Aer Lingus. 3 weeks later our luggage turned up, Aer Lingus did not have a clue it had been delivered.

It took 6 months for them to compensate our costs, after much arguing and threatening of court action.

When they run to plan, they’re ok. When things go even slightly awry they have nothing to fall back on. They only fly Dublin to Florida a few times per week, so if there are problems, you’re in for a long wait. Their desks at Florida airports are only manned for an hour after the Dublin flights arrive, so the only window we had to contact them was 1 hour in the evening every 3 days. There was no other “human” we could talk to who would assist us in finding our luggage.

I will never use them again, I know of another Dibber who flew Man-Dub-Mco, missed their Dub-Mco due to Aer Lingus staffing issues and was stuck for a day in Dublin. Aer Lingus have denied any staffing issue and said it was down to “weather” despite being told to the contrary.

The Birmingham-Dublin flight is delayed nearly every day. I would not risk the mid-morning flight, as the knock on delay is worse. If you choose to use them, leave at least 3 hours between your connections.

I won’t use them ever again. They sent us a £100 flight voucher as compensation. I pinned it to the adverts board in my local Tesco.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Kezza632
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
Good and bad experiences with a Dublin stopover with Aer Lingus.

When we flew to Orlando, everything was peachy, really easy and the customs check went well. We had access to their lounge too.

When we flew to JFK, our inbound flight was delayed in landing due to fog, meaning we missed our connection. They got the 6 of us on another much later flight to JFK but then only half of our luggage came with us. It took a couple of days to be reunited with it which was inconvenient for a short trip to NYC.

However, the Pre-clearing of customs is awesome and the reason I would use them again.
Is the lounge something you would recommend?
Kezza632 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SmilingSammie View Post
Flew GLA - DUB - JFK with Aer Lingus and would fly with them again. Only thing i wouldnt rate them on is the food. Major flop. But everything else was great for the price!
We upgraded the food. It was fantastic. Flight and crew were great as well .
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If the price was right I'd fly with any company! We flew back with Aer Lingus last year and tbh I wasn't overly impressed. We were meant to fly back Delta (great flights outbound) but bad weather in New York meant we were put on the Aer Lingus flight via Dublin. First overnight flight was okay. Don't remember much as tried to sleep most of the way as both straight back to work, however we had several hours in a remote small room/departure gate for our next hop to Edinburgh. Somehow we ended up last on the plane and as we made our way to our seats the flight attendant told us to hurry up, we were keeping up with everyone in front of us! She then looked at DH's rucksack, looked up at the full overhead lockers and back at us, sighed and then snapped "and how much hand luggage have you got"! Told her well under the allowance, just this and a handbag and that she should have been standing at the gate checking everyone's hand luggage as half the people on the flight were way over the allowed limits and then there would have been enough room for our one medium sized rucksack! Cheeky madam. There was no IFE and the plane was very basic. We were flying with an AL ticket but I'm sure the plane was Loganair. It appeared quite old and basic. At the end of the day it got us from A to B. Wouldn't rush to fly with them again though.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I have flown many times with Aer Lingus to various destinations and have always had a good flight. Wouldn’t hesitate to fly with them again.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Went Aer Lingus last tear, very good in business.
However if you see a good business fare jump at it, as they only have one flight from DUB-MCO, once them seats are gone that’s it
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List