Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 May 20, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
But this IS a positive thread. And it needs to remain that way. There are so very, very many other threads where many other speculations are being discussed ( and they absolutely ARE speculations at this stage - just as posts in this thread are speculations) where the doubts about going and the pros and cons of cancelling can be discussed. I’m sure we all dip in and out of them as needed and are very well informed of the barriers in the way which need to change before trips can recommence. However, in this particular thread it is extremely important that people can have a safe place to share positive hopes and speculations about their trips. Let’s keep this thread ( and the planning 2021 one I’ve seen) as originally intended - a little beacon of hope, positivity and light for people who wish to use it. It does make a big difference to people 👍😊
I wholeheartedly agree. My mental state is rubbish at the moment and the thought of my Disney trip is giving me something positive to focus on. X
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I wholeheartedly agree. My mental state is rubbish at the moment and the thought of my Disney trip is giving me something positive to focus on. X
Based on the number of views this page is getting I think A LOT of people feel the same. Do I know that there are a lot of things that have to go right to be able to have this holiday? Yes, most definitely. Is it impossible for all of those things to happen? No! And sometimes I think things are hard to imagine at a certain stage. Like right now international travel seems like a distant memory. But once the restrictions start being lifted I think it might not seem like such a stretch.
Old 5 May 20, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

Just to add - we have a countdown calendar that my DH and DD created. For a few weeks we stopped counting down but we started again last week. DD knows we might not get to go (she’s 5) but she told me yesterday not to worry if we don’t get to go this year, she’ll make us a new countdown. Sticking the gems on every day lifts our mood.
Old 5 May 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I love your countdown. This is ours. We had a countdown until days to book ADRs but obviously that's been and gone now.
Old 5 May 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Mandij39
Apprentice Imagineer

Another frontline nhs employee here, having just recovered from being tested positive for covid 19, I really deserve my upcoming holiday. I'm more positive for you August Dibbers then my holiday on 1st July. I was planning on just leaving it as it is and hoping for the best, but now I'm considering moving my holiday to October/November.

Fingers crossed things get moving along soon and we have a clearer idea of how soon things are opening up, and when we can resume travel.
Mandij39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

I check in with this thread every day (multiple times a day if I’m honest). This is the world I choose to live in where positivity wins! Thanks to all people who post to keep it going.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by cd900 View Post
Based on the number of views this page is getting I think A LOT of people feel the same. Do I know that there are a lot of things that have to go right to be able to have this holiday? Yes, most definitely. Is it impossible for all of those things to happen? No! And sometimes I think things are hard to imagine at a certain stage. Like right now international travel seems like a distant memory. But once the restrictions start being lifted I think it might not seem like such a stretch.
Absolutely. You see so much bad news, so many changes that your brain starts to rewire. Starts to expect the worse, then its not a surprise or as painful when it is. You lose perspective.

It was like a eureka moment for me when I watched the Frenchy's web cam. 'Oh so that's what Phase 1 looks like, it looks great!' Safe and fun.

Peeps also like confirmation bias when they've struggled with a painful decision like cancelling a holiday. The relief felt after making that decision gets challenged when they see contrary opinions.

I honestly think our biggest risk in all this is VA not being able to fly us. You know what, if that happens and we can get another flight, we are gonna do that!

One way or another, if we can, we are going
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

I love the countdown calendars above - what a good idea!
Mandij39 , I’m so glad you’re recovering from this illness. Let us know what you decide to do about your trip - I absolutely hope you do get to go, you categorically deserve it!
Donaldfan, I want to know what you have planned - tell us about your trip 😃
A question for Eaglesrest and other Clearwater lovers- we are flying in and out of Tampa. We will not have a car ( have booked private transfers to/from WDW). If we wanted to spend a few days at Clearwater, does anyone know if there is a transfer company which would take you from the airport to the beach hotels ?

Edited at 08:06 AM.
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Caljos
Trainee Dibber

Just read that Universal city walk are partially opening from Monday x Hopefully that's a good sign
Caljos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
But this IS a positive thread. And it needs to remain that way. There are so very, very many other threads where many other speculations are being discussed ( and they absolutely ARE speculations at this stage - just as posts in this thread are speculations) where the doubts about going and the pros and cons of cancelling can be discussed. I’m sure we all dip in and out of them as needed and are very well informed of the barriers in the way which need to change before trips can recommence. However, in this particular thread it is extremely important that people can have a safe place to share positive hopes and speculations about their trips. Let’s keep this thread ( and the planning 2021 one I’ve seen) as originally intended - a little beacon of hope, positivity and light for people who wish to use it. It does make a big difference to people 👍😊
Thank you I'm another who couldn't agree with you more. Of course we're not oblivious to other opinions, but as you say it is just speculation and opinion at the moment about how the UK is going to leave lockdown. There seems to me to be very little in the way of actual facts being reported. I'm with you all the way. Others will violently disagree but hopefully they will respect the wishes of all of us.

Heck, there are times when I see saw and my fears feel overwhelming, yesterday being one of those days . A bout of insomnia will do that for you. But it was great to read yesterday evening on this thread about people going to the beach .

I'm grateful to everyone who shares in spreading the positivity. I'm trying to do it with everyone I speak to at the moment. I'm going to keep hoping, I'm going to keep all my fingers and toes crossed and I don't see who we are hurting by remaining positive.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List