Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Poohbear62
Proud to wear my Ears

These insurance companies need to make sure all their staff know the current policies and restrictions. I spoke to coverforyou last week and was advised I would be covered if I caught Covid and couldn’t travel and for all medical expenses whilst overseas even if I booked when FCO advice was not to travel as long as the restrictions were lifted beforehand. I have just spoken to Staysure and they said it doesn’t matter what the FCO advice was when booked just at the time of travel. All this misinformation doesn’t help anyone.
Poohbear62 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Poohbear62
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by AL1S0N View Post
According to staysure the advice at time of booking is irrelevant. They also now offer full covid cover (Inc cancellation) at no extra cost
This is what they told me too.
Poohbear62 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Helping Minnie

Concerned reading all these conflicting things from CoverForYou.

I've just purchased a policy with them this morning after confirming with them in an online chat that the FCO restriction at the time of purchase doesn't matter.

If that's not true then they have effectively missold me.
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Will_H
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Ingram01 View Post
Concerned reading all these conflicting things from CoverForYou.

I've just purchased a policy with them this morning after confirming with them in an online chat that the FCO restriction at the time of purchase doesn't matter.

If that's not true then they have effectively missold me.
Yep,i double checked today and 'Shannon' confirmed i would not be covered because when i booked the FCO advised against travel,but all other places seem to not care when you booked.

But last friday i went on cover for you chat again and they said it didn't matter when i booked?

these conflicting messages has made me steer away from these guys
Will_H is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
p3aud
Very Serious Dibber

I find the wording very confusing as well. Reading this , to me means you are not covered?!
p3aud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Will_H
Excited about Disney

it appears your covered,only doesnt cover you if undertaken against FCO guidance prior to your departure,which makes sense.

And i have been on call yesterday to confirm it doesnt matter and other dibbers have aswell,we all seem to be getting the same message from staysure unlike cover for you
Will_H is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Lets face it come the time you need it, the insurance company will more than likely wriggle to not pay out despite their current claims and offerings. I think we have to accept that there are no guarantees at all when trying to factor in Covid as a risk.
There are two trains of thought - you either worry about it and ultimately suspend any USA type travel for a long, long time or accept there is a risk and make the best of what is being offered.
The goalposts will move for sure regarding insurance and Covid, and companies will either capitalise on it or say what they need to, to get the business.

Edited at 09:48 AM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ugh anyone feel another PPP miss-selling type scenario, coming on with this in years to come. Sort your policies, train your staff, be clear and consistent insurance companies 🤦

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Simple answer to OP’s question :

1. Check your policy- it’s entirely wording dependent. Most policies should cover for medical expenses when there on the basis you travel when FCO is lifted.
2. If the booking is cancellable or moveable, then OP could have little to lose.

I got some good flight prices for Easter with BA, fully moveable to April 2022. So if I can’t go Easter, I will just move it. I’m covered for medical if I go once FCO advise is lifted, so really I have nothing to lose by booking at all.