Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 Jul 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
Will do! I’m going to look into it all tomorrow.
Oh it is such a relief to get them their 2nd jab, we have been to so many places in the last week and got knocked back as being too early, and today they are on exactly 7 wks since their 1st jab and it was no problem getting it done. Thank you!
It’s bizarre how everywhere is different . We got our son his second jab a couple of weeks ago after being knocked back a couple of times . Think it literally depended on the attitude of the person on the desk and maybe even just how busy they were
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
It’s bizarre how everywhere is different . We got our son his second jab a couple of weeks ago after being knocked back a couple of times . Think it literally depended on the attitude of the person on the desk and maybe even just how busy they were
Yep definitely, today at the walk-in there was hardly anyone there, so think they were glad of people to jab!
Anyway so thankful to get them done finally 🙂
Old 19 Jul 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
So where are we at Greecers? Trying to stay positive but very nervous about Amber plus? Flights booked? Accommodation?

I’m all of the above. Quite honestly I’m a bit numb at the moment. I’m actually having trouble remembering what it’s like to be normal and looking forward to something!

Maybe someone can cheer me up and say in 3 weeks I’ll be sunning myself in Greece next to the pool reading a movie magazine back to back. 👍
You will definitely be in Greece in 3 weeks time reading a movie magazine back to back! We’ll be there in just under 3 weeks. Package booked with Tui that we switched from Menorca when I got paranoid it was going red.
Last few days Greece’s cases have declined slightly every day, and I’ve noted the island we are going to ( Rhodes) has been down graded from ‘amber’ risk to ‘yellow’ risk ( the Greeks own COVID risk system)
Kids finished school now, and apart from work we are trying to keep as low profile as possible before we go.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
babynugget
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tesh11 View Post
I’m fully intending to go on the 17th August only things that will stop me are testing positive before we go although we are protected as much as possible as double jabbed and has Covid at Christmas (going to do lots of lateral flows leading up to it) or if we get cancelled, we are willing to still go if it’s Amber plus as will isolate and do day 5 test and release although our holiday May get cancelled if that happens, I think it’s unlikely Greece will say they don’t want us so think those are the only 2 scenarios that will get in our way! We’ve booked the chronomics package through Tui
Can I ask how much that is costing you for the Chronomics package?
Old 20 Jul 21, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by babynugget View Post
Can I ask how much that is costing you for the Chronomics package?
It’s £20pp but we only need the green package as double jabbed and an under 12 (antigen test 2 days before departure back to uk and day 2 returning pcr)
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Joining this thread. Some great info and links thank you. We’ve just ammended our Cyprus holiday to Rhodes flying on the 17th August. Fingers crossed 🤞 we get there.
Old 20 Jul 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I have been making back up plans of other resorts in case Greece isn’t possible, at the moment have got Montenegro, Malta and even Iceland on my list!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
We are due to fly out to Corfu 2 weeks tomorrow, fingers crossed!
DD and boyfriend have today had their 2nd jabs, a week early, but thank goodness we finally found somewhere to get them done. So that’s 4 of us double jabbed.

Just leaves DD aged 13 to have the test before we fly. So stressed about that and can’t really get excited for the holiday yet.
Tomorrows job is to book all the tests we need 🙂
How did you get their second jab? I can’t find anywhere under 8 weeks for dd
Old 20 Jul 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
You will definitely be in Greece in 3 weeks time reading a movie magazine back to back! We’ll be there in just under 3 weeks. Package booked with Tui that we switched from Menorca when I got paranoid it was going red.
Last few days Greece’s cases have declined slightly every day, and I’ve noted the island we are going to ( Rhodes) has been down graded from ‘amber’ risk to ‘yellow’ risk ( the Greeks own COVID risk system)
Kids finished school now, and apart from work we are trying to keep as low profile as possible before we go.
Hi there, do you have any links so I can track how Kos is doing? I'm struggling to find anything that doesn't default to Greece as a whole.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
Hi there, do you have any links so I can track how Kos is doing? I'm struggling to find anything that doesn't default to Greece as a whole.
You can see it here, if you zoom in.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/external/l...ZC1 tYXAtZW4v

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List