Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 10 Aug 21, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Loved your report and really enjoy your writing style (as usual!) Thank you for sharing and taking the time out of your family holiday time.

Hope you are over the sea legs on land quickly; takes me a good few days of feeling rubbish until the swaying stops!

I’ve particularly enjoyed reading about your MSC experience as I’ve not really heard great things about them especially in Europe and so I’m really wary and nothing in you report has changed my mind. I wonder if the COVID impact can be fully blamed for some of the niggles?
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

Lovely to read your trip report, thanks for a wee insight into cruising
Old 11 Aug 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Loved your report and really enjoy your writing style (as usual!) Thank you for sharing and taking the time out of your family holiday time.

Hope you are over the sea legs on land quickly; takes me a good few days of feeling rubbish until the swaying stops!

I’ve particularly enjoyed reading about your MSC experience as I’ve not really heard great things about them especially in Europe and so I’m really wary and nothing in you report has changed my mind. I wonder if the COVID impact can be fully blamed for some of the niggles?
I felt they were using Covid as an excuse for things that were actually caused by short staffing and poor management.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Thank you for writing your report, I have really enjoyed reading it.
As a family who haven’t cruised yet it was interesting to see how things work, what the facilities are like etc.
The food looked really good and it must have been lovely to dress up and go for dinner. You have some lovely dresses and you all looked fabulous in the pictures!
I’m glad you shared about the boat swaying, good to hear both the positives and not so positives.
It’s been so nice reading along with you on your holiday!
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

loved reading this x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Loved reading this report Helen, it's been absolutely lovely knowing what it's like to cruise, something I've thought about, but not yet done. Can't believe you're one of the lovely ONS staff that comes round for our tests, been doing this for over a year now but unfortunately, not in your area.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ducati211
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
No I haven’t - but I will certainly have a look now. Would depend just how expensive for what you get. Kevin takes persuading even when I find a bargain! X
I organised Dassia in Corfu for hubbies 40th 2019 and we were meant to be at Oceania last year and now Aria at Kos this year in Oct, been told Kos still warm in Oct due to it's location, there is a facebook page and also tripadvisor for it's reviews. To be honest since our first trip the prices have increased a fair bit but then they have everywhere! would only go out of season but honestly it's unbelievable and everyone says once you go nothing else compares! The good is like gourmet dining, I heard someone ask for a particular brand of whisky they didn't have it, next night at the bar a bottle was waiting for them! better stop going on, it's making me wish I was there lol

If you ever get a chance to look it up, I would be interested to know your thoughts. I'm booked for next Oct and the flights from Edinburgh were cheaper than flying from England for a change only Glasgow was more expensive.
ducati211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
Loved reading this report Helen, it's been absolutely lovely knowing what it's like to cruise, something I've thought about, but not yet done. Can't believe you're one of the lovely ONS staff that comes round for our tests, been doing this for over a year now but unfortunately, not in your area.
Oh how fab! It’s a lovely wee job. You’d be surprised how many people are taking part. Some streets I’ve been to 6 different houses on different days and none of them will even know the others are doing it. It’s so important 🥰

Helen xx

trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by ducati211 View Post
I organised Dassia in Corfu for hubbies 40th 2019 and we were meant to be at Oceania last year and now Aria at Kos this year in Oct, been told Kos still warm in Oct due to it's location, there is a facebook page and also tripadvisor for it's reviews. To be honest since our first trip the prices have increased a fair bit but then they have everywhere! would only go out of season but honestly it's unbelievable and everyone says once you go nothing else compares! The good is like gourmet dining, I heard someone ask for a particular brand of whisky they didn't have it, next night at the bar a bottle was waiting for them! better stop going on, it's making me wish I was there lol

If you ever get a chance to look it up, I would be interested to know your thoughts. I'm booked for next Oct and the flights from Edinburgh were cheaper than flying from England for a change only Glasgow was more expensive.
Oh I’m definitely going to look into this. Thank you!

Helen xx

trip report list by year
Old 11 Aug 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

Great trippie Helen thanks so much for taking the time to post.

I work from home most of the time now but saw the cruise ship near my office in Liverpool (I arrived early into Lime Street and went for an early morning walk around the docks).

You all looked fantastic and I’m glad you managed a break it’s a shame it was such a mixed bag weather wise.

I am a cruise novice having only managed one canaries/Madeira/Morocco trip in November - weather was awful and the ship swaying caught many out. You all did soo well, the jelly legs - remember it well! X

A link to my 2020 trip to Los Angeles:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1161735

A link to my 2017 trip to POR and HRH is show below:
Star Wars, Bar Bores, Car Tours and No Chores!

A link to my 2015 trip to CBR and RPR is shown below:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...me+the +power
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List