Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Oct 21, 05:57 AM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Favourite places to eat!

Hi all,

I am now all booked for 9 nights from 28th Dec. The first 4 nights will be at St Pete followed by 1 night Int Drive and 4 nights Hard Rock Hotel.

We will have limited time to eat at in Orlando and I'm looking fo4 recommendations for your favourite City Walk, Universal or non Park restaurants!

We ate at some amazing places on our last visit in 2016 including Melting Pot and Teak based on Dibb recommendations and I am looking to book some tables ready for our trip.

Thanks in advance!

Stacey
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
At St Pete Beach we love Jimmy B’s Beach bar for snacks and cocktails, Rick’s Reef is also great for breakfast. The Toasted Monkey is another one of our breakfast favourites. We love to visit Bongo’s for beachfront cocktails and they do great fish tacos too.
Bongo’s

In Orlando we always visit Bubbalou’s Bodacious BBQ, it is super casual but the food is delicious and inexpensive. It’s also not far from Universal. Keke’s is great for breakfast and the portion sizes are huge but it does get super busy so be prepared to wait, it’s close to the Mall at Millenia too.
Keke’s

Teak is always a favourite- and we have had a fantastic meal at Yard House on International Drive. The boys are planning on visiting Blake Sheltons new restaurant Old Red on International Drive, apparently they also have live music.

You must be getting super excited now, not long til you go!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

We love Long Horn, but tend to drive to one slightly away from the main tourist areas.
Another thumbs up for Teak and for cheap and cheerful we like Millers.
Old 27 Oct 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Hooters. I am also led to believe the food is probably good but didnt pay much attention
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
At St Pete Beach we love Jimmy B’s Beach bar for snacks and cocktails, Rick’s Reef is also great for breakfast. The Toasted Monkey is another one of our breakfast favourites. We love to visit Bongo’s for beachfront cocktails and they do great fish tacos too.
Bongo’s

In Orlando we always visit Bubbalou’s Bodacious BBQ, it is super casual but the food is delicious and inexpensive. It’s also not far from Universal. Keke’s is great for breakfast and the portion sizes are huge but it does get super busy so be prepared to wait, it’s close to the Mall at Millenia too.
Keke’s

Teak is always a favourite- and we have had a fantastic meal at Yard House on International Drive. The boys are planning on visiting Blake Sheltons new restaurant Old Red on International Drive, apparently they also have live music.

You must be getting super excited now, not long til you go!
Sparksy thank you so much!
I'll have a look at those St Pete recommendations and see what I can add to the plan - at the moment its completely open! Do you have any recommendations of things to do in the area? We have 3 ful days (not including arrival day or leaving day) and I think one we will do Busch Gardens so then we have two days - was thinking maybe snorkelling/paddle boarding?
Cocktails on the beach in the evening sounds AMAZING!

Bubbalou’s Bodacious BBQ sounds fab - I will def go have a look at that one! I quite like Blake Sheldon so will have a look at that one. What did you have at Yard House that was so good?

Teak is amazing and Keke's is on the list if we decide we have time for breakfast before parks 🤣

Yes countdown is ticking down and I swap between excitement and nerves as my partner doesn't know yet and planning on my own is hard! 🙈🤣
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by richard29 View Post
We love Long Horn, but tend to drive to one slightly away from the main tourist areas.
Another thumbs up for Teak and for cheap and cheerful we like Millers.
Longhorn is one I've seen a few times and had on my list so thank you for a recommendation! Any favourites to order? And thanks for the tip of driving out of the main tourist areas - do you have a favourite to visit?

Teak was one of our meal highlights last time! As we are on such limited time this time, I can't decide whether to re-visit or go for whole new experiences!
Millers is def on the list. We did go on our last visit but it was on our first full day after a day at DC and we both struggled to eat and to stay awake! So really want to go back to fully appreciate it! 😁
Old 31 Oct 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
Hooters. I am also led to believe the food is probably good but didnt pay much attention
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Glad you enjoyed the experience!
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
*Dory*
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

While you are on international drive I’d definitely recommend hash house. Make sure your hungry when you go though
*Dory* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pho3nix View Post
Sparksy thank you so much!
I'll have a look at those St Pete recommendations and see what I can add to the plan - at the moment its completely open! Do you have any recommendations of things to do in the area? We have 3 ful days (not including arrival day or leaving day) and I think one we will do Busch Gardens so then we have two days - was thinking maybe snorkelling/paddle boarding?
Cocktails on the beach in the evening sounds AMAZING!

Bubbalou’s Bodacious BBQ sounds fab - I will def go have a look at that one! I quite like Blake Sheldon so will have a look at that one. What did you have at Yard House that was so good?

Teak is amazing and Keke's is on the list if we decide we have time for breakfast before parks 🤣

Yes countdown is ticking down and I swap between excitement and nerves as my partner doesn't know yet and planning on my own is hard! 🙈🤣
You are so welcome! We normally do St Pete Beach at the end of our Disney/Universal trips as a way of winding down. We are from a coastal area in Australia (but live in the U.K.) and we just love to be at the beach! The boys love Busch Gardens, however I think their rides are truly terrifying and that tends to be a full day for us. We then just pool/beach hop and relax. The last couple of times we have managed to get baseball tickets to watch the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field. Sometimes 7/11 has cheap tickets for the games and if you do attend, you can ask an Usher to move seats if there are better ones available. It was my DS14 birthday and we were moved to literally the third row and he even managed to catch a ball!

At Yardhouse we had fish tacos, spicy chicken burger and a fried chicken dinner. Everything was delicious and the cocktails were fab too. Bubbalou’s is fab but very casual, Teak is also a favourite.

You will have a brilliant time and I can’t wait to read your TR!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List