Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Nov 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I’m lucky here’s my STASH
Bought loads for my family in the Half Term but we were out most days so loads left over

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I bought Walkers Fish and Chips flavour in Asda because they had no Cheese and Onion. They are immense!
What do they taste of! Not wanting to sound daft but fish or just salt and vinegar? I used to love Burtons little fish and chip snacks as a kid but they brought them back as s&v and they were so not the same!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
What do they taste of! Not wanting to sound daft but fish or just salt and vinegar? I used to love Burtons little fish and chip snacks as a kid but they brought them back as s&v and they were so not the same!
It’s not daft at all, I bought them because I wondered what they would taste like.😂
The do actually taste like fish and chips, so a bit of fish then a slight hint of the salt and vinegar.
Do you remember the Smiths Scampi Fries you used to be able to buy in pubs? They reminded me a bit of those.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Never had scampi ones but omg do u remember the cheese savouries that were in little bags like scampi ones. They were triangle shaped with a strong cheese filling? They were heaven! Lol

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
I’m lucky here’s my STASH
Bought loads for my family in the Half Term but we were out most days so loads left over
I daren’t show you all my crisp cupboard. Yes, I have a whole cupboard of crisps! I have approx 80 packs on display that are sorted by colour and then spare ‘6 pack’ bags of each in another cupboard
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Nope - and it's getting harder. Plain crisps as a whole just seem to have disappeared from my local shops! And my Mum has an individual strawberry ice cream every day, and the local shop is out of those too. She has dementia and frankly some days the strawberry ice cream is all she talks about.

Plus, I'm still trying to drive. I passed my test 30 years ago, never drove, never needed to as I lived in London. Now, I really do need to. But between my dyspraxia and my newly-diagnosed osteo-arthritis, it's not easy. I took Dad to a medical appointment this week and managed to break his wing mirror...!

So yep - just keep swimming.
Tell me to mind my business, but have are you driving an automatic? My son and a friends son both have dyspraxia and find driving an automatic so much easier. My son also has ADHD and finds it too many things to concentrate on at once when driving a manual car (he did pass his test in one though).

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I love Seabrooks but for Dad it has to be Walkers Crinkles. Nothing else will do. And they have beem unavailable for months now.

First world problems, I know, but he is nearly 90 and has a hard life looking after Mum, so it’s annoying that I can’t get him such a sinple thing.
Have you tried Walkers Baked crisps? They are Walkers crinkles but less fat. Not exactly the same but they are amazing and are available.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Everything I try and do seems fraught with difficulty. Even the simplest of tasks. I find it so frustrating and I don’t have any wine either, LOL. Websites are rubbishy difficult. Opticians don’t have many appointments for children (they have been cut down, why oh why do children have to suffer?) and therefore booked up for nearly five weeks. The list is endless.

Anyone else having difficulty trying to achieve what they need to?
Yes! Everything is difficult. Difficult to speak to anyone, difficult to get an appointment anywhere, difficult to get anything booked/arranged. One of my boys came home from work last week while I was on hold to BA and said “this is just your life, isn’t it mum. Washing, cleaning and holding on the phone to BA and every other company under the sun all day, every day while I’m at work”. Yes son, yes it is!
Old 3 Nov 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Never had scampi ones but omg do u remember the cheese savouries that were in little bags like scampi ones. They were triangle shaped with a strong cheese filling? They were heaven! Lol
Yes! Cheese Moments! I had forgotten all about those. I wonder if you can still buy them?
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
Yes also feel like this at the minute, everything seems to be taking forever and has to be chased up. Don't get me started on the response "due to covid" sick to the back teeth of hearing that and think some places just milking it now.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Tried to ring Virgin to cancel our March holiday…..wait over 2 hours….will have to try again…..
Bump to car (my fault) early October, called insurance (nice man I crashed into had bill of £700 then mine to pay for)…..send photos which I did straight away, repair place rang next day….send photos….so I did, also MOT due end of October, hole in my number plate that needed sorting before MOT, took them nearly 2 weeks to send a very young lad out with a temporary one which dropped off within a few days, same lad came out with more double sided tape…….MOT passed and garage screwed the number plate on…..rang garage….they will collect the car for repair…….on January 4th! It is driveable but 3 months!
DS is a self employed bathroom fitter he doesn’t know where he is with getting supplies, quotes he gave earlier in the year being out of date with prices rising so steeply and customers cancelling/postponing due to covid…..

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List