Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
How about a galaxy projection light for his bedroom to use at night. They look so relaxing!
amazon/Projector-B.../dp/B08CB6WVZL
My daughter has one of these and it’s amazing

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

A musical keyboard. My son is autistic, and finds playing songs by ear very soothing and interesting. He's always so pleased with himself when he figures out a new one.
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

DD is getting hard to buy for – last year she had phone, switch etc so we have struggled this year. She is 12 so not really in to toys, although I have got her the fidget toy advent calender.

She loves the Pop-it things. I have also got her some Diamond Art sets, you can send off for one to be printed so he could maybe do one of Tilly? Maybe a telescope? Camera also a good idea, DD loves taking photos and it is something that doesn’t matter that she has additional needs she can do as well as everyone else.

Another thing I have got for her, she absolutely loves dogs, she lost a small one that she was attached to earlier in the year and I managed to replace it with an identical one (Thanks EBay!) which came all the way from Virginia in USA, and made me think to get her some more, it’s the Dog collection ones with big heads, I have managed to get her 4 of these, and a few TY Beanie ones and a few other soft toy dogs, am going to get a cheapy small dog bed and pack them in tissue paper and put them in the dog bed to make a “big present” to open, perhaps Mason would like something similar, wrapping up little things to make a Big gift?

I am sure whatever you decide it will be greatly appreciated, you always put so much effort in to Christmas and birthdays,
Old 11 Nov 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Does he like puzzles? The 3d puzzles I mean that become like ornaments.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

What about a body pillow? If he struggles to sleep alone dd was looking at one in Costco yesterday

My youngest had autism and he's hard to buy for too his interests change by the day and he doesn’t play with toys
All he ever really wants to do is go on the iPad or games console.
I got him an Apple Pencil which opened up lots of extra activities on the ipad
He very sensory about clothes but really like soft fleecy things and I managed to get him a minecraft hooded blanket, fleece blanket, super soft pjs and some trainer sock type footsie slippers from primark.

White noise machine? I find it helps ds sleep better
Nerf type gun & targets or lazer tag
Bath bombs/ fizzers not necessarily for use in the bath ds loves to watch them dissolve in a bowl and that way they don’t irritate his skin
Kinetic sand - great for sensory play
fidget popper - they are surprisingly addictive and you can get large ones in various shapes/ characters
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklepants
slightly serious Dibber

sparklepants's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
yappy/uk/dogs/person...d%20group%20#1

How about one of these, based on your dog?
Old 11 Nov 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our middle grandson aged 7 is non verbal autistic and also doesn’t “play “ with anything, only love is his tablet.
I have bought fidget /pop toys , new weighted blanket (really helps with his sleep!) and a space bed tent (from smyths ) it only covers the head space on the bed but hoping it too will help with sleep , so maybe an option ?
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Some absolutely fantastic ideas, thank you 😊
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks again 🥰
I am definitely getting Mason (put in my Amazon basket) the galaxy light projector, I think that will be amazing. I am checking out the bed tent things to see if they will go on a double bed 🤞🏻
I have also put a rubber handled torch, infinity cube, fidget spinner and camera in my basket 👍🏻
Regarding the weighted blankets, I think these will be good for both my boys, do you need a certain weight for a certain age?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Thanks again 🥰
I am definitely getting Mason (put in my Amazon basket) the galaxy light projector, I think that will be amazing. I am checking out the bed tent things to see if they will go on a double bed 🤞🏻
I have also put a rubber handled torch, infinity cube, fidget spinner and camera in my basket 👍🏻
Regarding the weighted blankets, I think these will be good for both my boys, do you need a certain weight for a certain age?
I can't help with the weighted blanket weight FT but just wanted to say that I saw one in TKMaxx at Middlebrook last night. I am up there again today if you would like me to pop in and see what price and weight it was.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List