Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Nov 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Rather than building a new park, they could put some attractions in Epcot & AK to manage the crowds away from MK & HS.
Agree with this. Although with Epcot, they just need to build everything they already announced instead of cutting the budgets. This is the main problem with park investment at the moment.

Hoping they'll announce something for AK at D23 next week, Dinoland seriously needs some retheming at this point - no one is interested in that section now.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I do think that post covid fatigue will also be playing a part in the figures

People have been restricted for so long, they've money to waste once things settle down, COVID is a footnote...then the true numbers etc will be revealed.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I do think that post covid fatigue will also be playing a part in the figures

People have been restricted for so long, they've money to waste once things settle down, COVID is a footnote...then the true numbers etc will be revealed.
Without a doubt. Look at people here when the borders opened to spain ect.

Also i wonder how many people had hoildays moved without ever getting a refund.
KBRB is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

only reason we are going next year is that we had a large tui voucher for a maldives holiday.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Investment in the parks at historic lows.

Hopefully Epic World will give them a kick up the backside. Parks are packed, demand will be huge next year, now’s when they need to be investing to get ahead of the competition. Very disappointing.

Old 15 Nov 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Investment in the parks at historic lows.

Hopefully Epic World will give them a kick up the backside. Parks are packed, demand will be huge next year, now’s when they need to be investing to get ahead of the competition. Very disappointing.

I'm actually not mad at this. Right now, they need to actually finish everything they've started rather than invest in big new projects. So a smaller period of focused investment makes sense.

Hopefully we'll see increased spending in 2023 as they prepare to take on Epic Universe but since it's been pushed back to 2025, they probably feel they have enough time to take a breather.

And I'm still fingers crossed for some good D23 announcements.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Rather than building a new park, they could put some attractions in Epcot & AK to manage the crowds away from MK & HS.
Well, they did have plans to add some attractions to Epcot before the pandemic hit and there were probably going to be other announcements of things coming to Epcot. There was a serious amount of work planned for Epcot (finally!).

Unfortunately, due to the pandemic and a year of significantly reduced profits from the parks, Disney has scaled back the additions to Epcot somewhat. We've got the new Ratatouille ride and we're going to get the new GOTG coaster and the Moana water-based attraction but that's about it at the moment. It would be nice if they did something with the Imagination pavilion and added a new attraction in the UK pavilion (as planned).

As for AK, Pandora's shine seems to have worn off now, not helped by the underperforming Rivers of Light. Disney seems to struggle to get a decent night time show here - I think people want lots of fireworks. They could do with doing something with the Dinoland area. I personally like the dinosaur theme but the area could do with some new attractions. At the very least, build a new popular ride where Primeval Whirl used to be. Anything!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:46 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I can't wait for them to start charging $100 to use the toilets!
Fraser789 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We are not going next year as worried everything will still be busy and not completely back to normal so waiting fir 2023.

We plan to go for a month staring in NYC and Boston, Niagara and New England and then just over 2 weeks in Florida. We will not be going into the Disney parks we will go to Disney springs and may eat at chef Mickey’s but will not be buying park tickets nor paying for parking.

The sparkle has gone for us we were already having second thoughts when parking charges for hotels came in but no dining pushed us that little bit more and Genie plus was the final nail in the coffin. We like the fast pass system booking and planning 60 days out so we make our schedule knowing that even on the busiest day we will get on some big rides without a massive wait.

I am actually surprised that the genie plus take up is as high as 33% to me this is not as they said in their initial release going to make the normal queues shorter.

Edited at 08:39 AM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fraser789 View Post
I can't wait for them to start charging $100 to use the toilets!
There will be some who will happily pay it if they believe that it will deter .. ‘others’ from entering the parks, thus decreasing crowds and improving their own enjoyment as they can afford it!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List