Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Nov 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I agree Tom, it’s early days yet but I just feel horrified at the thought of what could have been.
I have told dd to be hyper aware going into Uni this week.
Same here our eldest is at Uni in Liverpool.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

We where having lunch with friends at Brasco Albert Dock (very lovely good friend we met via the Dibb many years ago) when the news broke, awful situation and from then on police where seen on the gates to one Wirral hospital don’t know about others, what an absolute hero the taxi driver is if rumours are true, but what an awful and very frightening situation for all involved in the hospital and families of staff and patients.

Edited at 07:03 AM.
evergreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Also, Cheshire Police had armed police at Cheshire Oaks this weekend. I wonder if there was a warning...?

They were tweeting it was 'normal' and nothing to worry about.
That is definitely not normal for Cheshire Oaks. I go all the times, especially in the run up to Christmas as it’s really dog friendly. I have never seen armed police before. I regularly see a police car parked up in the layby near the bus stop but they are there just to keep a control in the traffic when it’s busy.
If the reports are true then the taxi driver is a hero and no doubt saved countless lives. That man will never need to buy himself another pint in a Liverpool pub!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

This is terrifying. I am quite speechless.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Also, Cheshire Police had armed police at Cheshire Oaks this weekend. I wonder if there was a warning...?

They were tweeting it was 'normal' and nothing to worry about.
Loads of armed officers in Manchester City centre this weekend so I think it’s just a sign of the times in busy / popular places given the uk’s current threat level and the fact it was remembrance weekend / Sunday

Edited at 10:29 AM.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Sounds like the taxi driver has been pivotal in saving lives here.

It appears that he spotted the female passenger had 'something'' and locked them in the back of the taxi before running off.

Probably saved his own life and those of many in the hospital and stopped the attack.

If true what a brave individual.
A woman? I read it was a man this morning?
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Just to put some at ease even though it’s still awful, it looks like they were targeting a remembrance service but couldn’t get close enough and not targeting the actual hospital but thankfully the road closures and the vigilant cabbie saved the day!
Old 15 Nov 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

just seen a video of this

kudos to the taxi driver
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

The cabbie has just been released from hospital. A true hero.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

If these rumours are true that taxi driver is a true hero! I wonder what made him realise what was going on? Very brave to divert like that and save countless lives!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List