Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Nov 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
nickand
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I got staysure annual for 3 of us £113, cheaper than upgrading my nationwide account for £13/month = £156! Annual insurance was cheaper than the 3 week cover I wanted. They also send you a 15% off code when you sign up.
nickand is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks all, have gone for the annual staysure. Looks right for us and will cover our other plans!
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
minijaffacake
Very Serious Dibber

minijaffacake's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Does anyone know if Staysure cover the cost associated with an extended stay if you were to test positive whilst on holiday? Looking at the policy wording it is not clear as it seems to indicate any medical or accommodation/travel cost are at the discretion of the medical officer. The only thing it does make clear is that a daily benefit of £20 would be payable in the event of needing to isolate but that's not going to go far. Hoping I have read this wrong!

I tried emailing staysure to clarify the position about 2 weeks ago but not had a response.

Thanks
minijaffacake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I will have to go with whoever will cover us, dread even thinking about the cost!

Also am also unsure about the cover with my bank account, which I know won’t cover DD but it is packaged into our account.
Old 16 Nov 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

Which bank account. Appears Nationwide and HSBC have very good policies, rated as complete cover if you read the great link easier in the thread. Unfortunately I'm not a account holder with these
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
For those booked with staysure, has anyone managed to increase the cancellation cover?

The basic cover is £113 for annual family policy which only pays out £500 in case of cancellation, which is obviously not enough.

Comprehensive cover is around £151 but that only pays out £5000 in case of cancellation, which again isn't really enough to cover everything.

I cant find anywhere to increase cancellation cover
minnie2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by minnie2010 View Post
For those booked with staysure, has anyone managed to increase the cancellation cover?

The basic cover is £113 for annual family policy which only pays out £500 in case of cancellation, which is obviously not enough.

Comprehensive cover is around £151 but that only pays out £5000 in case of cancellation, which again isn't really enough to cover everything.

I cant find anywhere to increase cancellation cover
Is it per person or per policy? I always find that part confusing and have to double check
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Stepaway View Post
Is it per person or per policy? I always find that part confusing and have to double check
I agree, not very clear. It looks like it is per policy?

It doesn't actually say from what I can see, but making the assumption that it is for the policy as other suppliers have actually specified that the cancellation cover is per person.
minnie2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

For those with nationwide make sure you read their covid update sent months ago, they cover hardly anything for covid related cancellations or amendments. You certainly arent covered if the traffic light system comes back and it moves to red for example. You arent covered if a lockdown comes into effect (this was a big one when ryanair and BA co tinued to fly as the destination was fine therefore no payouts from the airline). The current account policy had a few relaxatuons in October but the big restrictions remained.

You are covered for issues once you are there providing FCDO advice was good when you set off.

The which article is out of date IMHO.

We have nationwide and took out a churchill policy for a reasonable amount back in August (they seem to be very very expensive now).

Dont forget, the current account policies are effectively renewed monthly, they can change t and c as you go along month to month.

Edited at 08:08 AM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

I've got mine with Barclays, nice to see the Which article which rates it as one of the best 👍
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List