Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Feb 17, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile Flying indirect question about boarding passes.

We are flying in April newcastle- amsterdam- Detroit- Orlando.

When we check in at Newcastle will we get boarding passes for all our flights or just the first one?

What happens to our bags at Detroit. I think we collect them , go through immigration then is the next bag drop obvious to see?
Never flown indirect before. Thanks.

Thanks, kirsty.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
yes you can either check in at the desk and get all your passes or online 24hrs before and print them at home , I guess you are either flying KLM or Air France ,( they use the same desks), either way you should get your boarding passes then .
its really simple to change at Amsterdam , no security , just find your gate , might be a long walk though .
when you get to Detroit you will have to clear immigration , get your bags , clear customs, drop your bags again then go to the gate for your next flight .

on our way home I did online check in but was able to print the boarding passes at the kiosk in the airport , it also printed our baggage tags and attached them ourselves , which we have never done before and just took bags to the bag drop.
hopefully you will enjoy the flights if KLm they are great and very friendly

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mouli1 View Post
yes you can either check in at the desk and get all your passes or online 24hrs before and print them at home , I guess you are either flying KLM or Air France ,( they use the same desks), either way you should get your boarding passes then .
its really simple to change at Amsterdam , no security , just find your gate , might be a long walk though .
when you get to Detroit you will have to clear immigration , get your bags , clear customs, drop your bags again then go to the gate for your next flight .

on our way home I did online check in but was able to print the boarding passes at the kiosk in the airport , it also printed our baggage tags and attached them ourselves , which we have never done before and just took bags to the bag drop.
hopefully you will enjoy the flights if KLm they are great and very friendly
Thanks, that's great!

It's KLM and delta we are flying with.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
pamela1960
VIP Dibber

We do the same route out of Norwich. Great.
On the way back you are taking an Internal flight so you do not have to be at the Airport 3 plus hours prior to the flight as it is your first leg and not International.We allow an hour and a half from dropping the car off. Tickets in hand its off to the desk, drop the cases and go through security and off to the gate. You will not see your cases until Newcastle.
2 Twin with Jack & Jill bathroom
Games Room
Pool Spa
Free calls & wifi
Disney only 6 miles
Not back to back.
'Head & shoulders above any other villa owners we have used'
Kev Green
DIBB REVIEWS
Villa Licence DWE6314545

GUEST BOOK
PHOTOS
WEBSITE & VIDEO

George & Pamela
E: heronvilla@me.com
T: 07717 840979
pamela1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pamela1960 View Post
We do the same route out of Norwich. Great.
On the way back you are taking an Internal flight so you do not have to be at the Airport 3 plus hours prior to the flight as it is your first leg and not International.We allow an hour and a half from dropping the car off. Tickets in hand its off to the desk, drop the cases and go through security and off to the gate. You will not see your cases until Newcastle.
Thanks.
Do you check in online and print your boarding passes or get them at the airport.
Old 14 Feb 17, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disneycarla
Apprentice Imagineer

We are flying indirect for the first time in August Heathrow to Boston then onto Orlando we are flying with delta was told by travel agents that bags would go through to Orlando check with delta just to be sure and they assure me they will because it's all on one ticket still worrying they won't lol
Old 14 Feb 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
no your bags will not go straight though on the outward journey , they do on the way home

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disneycarla View Post
We are flying indirect for the first time in August Heathrow to Boston then onto Orlando we are flying with delta was told by travel agents that bags would go through to Orlando check with delta just to be sure and they assure me they will because it's all on one ticket still worrying they won't lol
The bags will be tagged all the way through to Orlando, you still have to collect them and drop them again after customs in Boston.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
op when you get back home to Newcastle , when you get your bags and go out of the airport don't go through EU arrivals even though you came from Amsterdam , we got told off because we started our journey in USA we should use the international one ! oops

[R]
Old 14 Feb 17, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
disneycarla
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
The bags will be tagged all the way through to Orlando, you still have to collect them and drop them again after customs in Boston.
This was what I was worried about hence I emailed delta and they told me I wouldn't have to pick bags up In Boston guess I will just have to check when I get to Heathrow and then again in Boston so confused