Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jul 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEY 99
Being a bit Goofy

good price, not covered by insurance = book yes or no

Have a tempting flydrive price £2,354 with depositfor 3A in June 2021. However as FCO currently advising not to travel at time of booking won't be covered for COVID. keep jumping between yes book and no don't take the risk. Would you take the gamble and book?
DISNEY 99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Can you afford to lose the deposit? What are cancellation terms? It's not a spectacular price assuming it's economy
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
It depends on what I’m terms of covid would not be covered. I’d think about it if it was just cancellation that wouldn’t be covered if it was deposit only but I wouldn’t take any risk with the medical side of it while you are there.
We want to book for next July and our insurance won’t cover either if you book when the no travel is in place so I’m not booking yet.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If they're not covering Covid medically, no way at any price - the risk of a US medical bill isn't worth it for any holiday. If it's just Covid cancellation cover you'd be lacking, then maybe. But I wouldn't pay the balance unless I was fairly certain it would go ahead.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

NOoooooooooooooooo

Disney332
Old 22 Jul 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEY 99
Being a bit Goofy

looking like a no

Thanks for all your replies.
Flights are from Edinburgh via Gatwick to Tampa and only £100 than our cancelled flydrive with Ford Edge or equivalent that was cancelled for this year. Looks like emergency medical treatment would be covered. Think for the moment we'll go with if your not sure don't book and keep checking prices and FCO.
DISNEY 99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I would book it as medical is covered. I would be willing to lose deposit.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
I would book it as medical is covered. I would be willing to lose deposit.
For all those keen to book, myself included I thought it would be of help to post a reply I gave about travel insurance. On the back of this I am waiting until the FCO travel advisory changes...

This is my take on this...

Covid is currently and for some weeks a KNOWN EVENT

You are not covered for cancellation or failure if AT THE TIME OF BOOKING the FCO advice is not to travel IRRESPECTIVE of the conditions at the time of departure.

So if the FCO advice is its OK to travel when you are due to go, having booked when the advice was not to travel and you get covid the week before, you lose everything without recourse, because at the time of booking, covid was a KNOWN RISK.

Disney332
Old 23 Jul 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Yeah, I’m aware of that but I’m hoping in a years time things have drastically changed. I booked in May for end of August next year. It’s a package so if I’m not confident I will move it to year after etc. I wouldn’t be paying out thousands now on flights for next year though. I work in the NHS and I’m shattered, I need something to look forward to lol.

I’m happy with the medical cover to be honest obviously when people book DIY and pulling out thousands that’s different. Just my thoughts.

Just edited to say, obviously it’s a personal choice as to what cover you are happy with and what you are willing to lose etc. If you are happy with that book but if you aren’t willing to lose money don’t book yet!

Edited at 07:49 AM.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
For all those keen to book, myself included I thought it would be of help to post a reply I gave about travel insurance. On the back of this I am waiting until the FCO travel advisory changes...

This is my take on this...

Covid is currently and for some weeks a KNOWN EVENT

You are not covered for cancellation or failure if AT THE TIME OF BOOKING the FCO advice is not to travel IRRESPECTIVE of the conditions at the time of departure.

So if the FCO advice is its OK to travel when you are due to go, having booked when the advice was not to travel and you get covid the week before, you lose everything without recourse, because at the time of booking, covid was a KNOWN RISK.

Disney332
I don’t believe that all insurance is made the same. Policies will differ, people need to check their own specific policy.

To OP’s question, no I wouldn’t book for June 2021, it is all still very uncertain with the US. The price isn’t that good, might as well wait until the future is looking clearer for US travel.

We booked some flights to US for April next year about a month ago, but very much regretting it now, thankfully fully refundable.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List