Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jul 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Dibbing with Tink

Driving tests

I understand that driving tests started on the 22nd July and they are prioritising the tests booked as lockdown started.

Is anyone aware of when they are accepting new bookings
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I know they're currently inviting rebooking from people who were cancelled during lockdown.

DS had 2 tests cancelled, one in March then June, his instructor had his email last week.

I'd assume once all those emails have gone out and cancellations rebooked then they'll reopen general booking.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, people can't book a test yet if they didn't have one cancelled. It's causing even more chaos as they haven't put a time on when they will take new bookings.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

My DS had march and june cancelled and today rebooked for mid august. He jumped quickly on the email and saw tests being booked very quickly.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
It's an absolute mess. I'm an instructor. I've for example have lady who's test was cancelled 22nd March not receive her email yet but I have another who booked his test just before the system shut on march 18th. He booked his test for June 30th. He has received an email to rebook. Their is no method to it. I hear the people in charge are overwhelmed. I honestly can't see the booking system opening for ages for new tests.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleT
Getting Excited

My DS had his test cancelled in April then again beginning of July. He hasn’t received an email to rebook but has been able to log in today using his driving test reference number and Licence number and book a new test date. Maybe it’s worth trying to log in if you had a test booked without waiting for the email.
MichelleT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Thanks - my DS has just booked his in a week's time.

After 2 previous cancellations from March and June.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My DD’s test was supposed to be 8th April, she has just restarted her lessons again and her instructor (who booked the original test for her) has said her new test may not be until early 2021 now. No idea where that info has come from but am really hoping it’s sooner than that.
Old 25 Jul 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Lost count of how many tests Dd had cancelled, might of been 5? The first being March 17th while sat waiting the examiner walked out! 😠

Last one cancelled was 28th July which is one I got for her by emailing them.

I was worried she’d be overlooked and they may not have taken into account the first cancelled test and worked on her last text booking on the 28th July.

Anyway, I emailed again (twice) and attached the original March 17th cancellation and they got back to me allowing her to rebook now. She’s booked for early August as she wanted a couple of weeks to practise.

The irony is she could’ve had a test before the 28th as there was plenty available.

Might be worth emailing?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

DS had his test cancelled twice. He got his email Friday. Logged on and 1st date available was 11th August so rang his instructor to check it was ok with him. Logged back in literally 5 minutes later and 1st test available was 25th August I booked it! Then he rang his instructor.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List