Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Oct 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
zoebums
Apprentice Imagineer

hysterectomy at 41

hi all,
anyone have experience of this?
i am petrified if i am honest.
open surgery due to fibroids.
i am so scared of being put to sleep, the op and the pain after...
zoebums is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Hi, I had a hysterectomy when I was 37 due to large masses of fibroids and never ending heavy periods. I won't lie I cried when they took me to theatre and I am a nurse😆.
I didn't have the best post surgery recovery, I needed 3 pints of blood and I had the district nurses coming out to check pressure sores on my feet( weird I know).
What I will say though is that it is the best thing I ever did, I got my life back as it wasn't dictated by the nearest toilet, if I had enough sanitary products and endless pain relief to manage the stomach cramps.
It is daunting and you wouldn't be normal of you were not worried but they wouldn't have suggested it if you didn't need it. I put it off for 3 years and really wish I hadn't.
You will be fine, you will experience a whole range of emotions which are all natural, just allow yourself lots of time to recover both physically and emotionally x x x
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

I was 32 when I had mine. Best thing ever. Saved me a fortune over the years.
Just make sure you do the pelvic floor exercises regularly afterwards.
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Sorry to read you are having to go through this so young.
I narrowly escaped a hysterectomy at 50 due to fibroids when a doctor suggested a womb abalation that fortunately worked for me.
The fibroids had caused me years of misery with pain and flooding leading to anaemia and I guess you have been having similar problems.
No shame in feeling scared its only natural and I am the biggest wimp going !
Sorry I can't be of more help but wanted you to know that myself and countless others understand how you feel.
Hope you get it all done and dusted soon and I am sure it will improve your health and life no end after what you must have been suffering with.
Us women sure do get the rough end of things !
Take care and I am sure there will be lots of ladies coming on shortly to reassure you.
X
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18

Edited at 09:18 PM.
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Please don’t be scared although I know it’s easy to say that. Just think of the pain you must be experiencing which will go away when you have had your op. I was 45 when I had mine. I had sub total removing uterus, fallopian tubes and both ovaries. I had gone through years of dreadful pain and was so glad it was all over. I barely went out because I was so worried about making a mess. I can honestly say the day of my op was one of the best days of my life. I would say it was discomforting afterwards rather than painful. I had about 12 weeks off work and you really do need to rest. The more you rest the less pain it will be, do the pelvic floor exercises !

I do hope you are ok and try not to worry.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

I had mine at 39 and was total so have been on HRT patches ever since ! I was very afraid , especially of the anaesthetic and as I had to have everything taken away I had a very large pelvic cut . But honestly it’s the best thing I ever had done . No it’s wasn’t nice and yes there was pain and a long recovery but once I had healed I felt so well. Never realised how ill I was until I started feeling better ….. felt like I I got my life back
Good luck and I promise you will never look back
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Your doing the right thing and talking about it. I had mine age 37. To be honest I was relieved I had advanced pre cancer with early signs of invasive disease I just wanted it done and over. For some reason I was scared of having a cannula totally irrational as a nurse but I wasn't keen. Im sure you will look back after you've recovered and hopefully be pain free. X
Old 27 Oct 21, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

I was 42 when I had my emergency hysterectomy due to cancer of the womb. Was very lucky that they removed it all in situ.
I began the menopause almost immediately.
Sadly couldn't have HRT due to the cancer but I'm still here at 74
Good luck with your op, please try not to worry too much zoebums; they will take good care of you 😊
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I had mine at 30 years old, if I’m honest the best thing I ever did.
I started my periods at 9 years old and the pain, the sickness and back problems I had for 21 years was enough!

Yes it is painful to have the op, yes you have to take it easy. Do you know what? I haven’t looked back! They left my ovaries in but took everything else. The start of this year I started with the menopause and it had hit me like a brick wall 🙄

I am now 54 and loving life pain free, no flooding so am happy with my lot 😁

Jane x
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 06:07 AM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Hi Zoe,

So sorry to hear you are in this position - I'm I a similar position but a bit further away as I am 34 and waiting to find out if I need hysterectomy or if I can have UFE for my fibroids. Its not a nice position to be in and I really do feel for you.

I will say that I have read replied on here I asked a similar question and on FB groups and everyone has been so supportive and helpful.

Is your op booked?

Xx
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List