Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Oct 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Hair advice after purple shampoo

Looking for advice please. I had my hair highlighted yesterday . I did already have yellow/blonde highlights in it which I didn't like, so I have gone darker with dove grey & another colour highlights. After removing the mesh, she put a toner on it and then washed it with purple shampoo.
I now have purple all through my hair. The hairdresser said that it will come out after a few washes.
I washed it last night and again this morning (not quite what you want to do after spending a fortune in the hairdressers! )

Will it come out? I plan to wash it again a few times between now & next Tuesday when said hairdresser is in again.
Really disappointed and don't feel that I should have to pay to see another hairdresser to put it right
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

You shouldn’t have to pay for someone else to rectify their mistake, if it was a mistake. I would go back to them and tell them you need some help.. I had an issue last year with my hairdressers, they did an awful job on my roots - unblended stripe down the middle of my head basically. They reluctantly tried to fix it, but I was getting the side eye big time when I was in there…..and they charged me again….albeit reduced. I never went back there again, if they had been nice and helpful I’d have stayed as everyone makes mistakes sometimes.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Edited at 08:47 AM.
Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
How strange. Do you know what purple shampoo she used? As a blonde, I regularly use purple shampoo but it doesn't leave my hair purple. I'm sure it will wash out eventually as it's not a permanent dye but it's still very annoying for you.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

It will fade but it may take a few more washes. I am blonde so use purple shampoo to keep the colour fresh. If I use it too often then I can start to see a hint of it in certain light. It does go after a couple of washes though.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
You shouldn’t have to pay for someone else to rectify their mistake, if it was a mistake. I would go back to them and tell them you need some help.. I had an issue last year with my hairdressers, they did an awful job on my roots - unblended stripe down the middle of my head basically. They reluctantly tried to fix it, but I was getting the side eye big time when I was in there…..and they charged me again….albeit reduced. I never went back there again, if they had been nice and helpful I’d have stayed as everyone makes mistakes sometimes.
To be honest I can barely see any highlights in it at all. It's very dark (perhaps the purple are just covering them. I think she realised she has messed up because she said when I wanted a wash & blow the trainee stylist would do for free.
I feel really down when I look at it every time I pass a mirror
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by RockTheDots View Post
How strange. Do you know what purple shampoo she used? As a blonde, I regularly use purple shampoo but it doesn't leave my hair purple. I'm sure it will wash out eventually as it's not a permanent dye but it's still very annoying for you.
Sorry, don't know the brand. When I had my blonde highlights I regularly used purple shampoo and it was fine.
My worry is, that it has reacted with the toner or something
Old 28 Oct 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Generally blue-purple shampoo sticks when first bleached up, plus it can grab old porous highlights, it will eventually wash out.
(This is no help at all, but that’s what happens)
She could offer you a mild bleach shampoo which will take it right out!

Edited at 08:54 AM.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

My hair is numerous colours some natural silver some added blonde , some still naturally dark ( I sound like a stripy badger , but it does work )
My silver parts are very porous and pick up blue shampoo for a couple of days.
My hairdresser has never used a toner and blue shampoo together , I would have thought the toner would have been enough to start , the hairdresser I use now has never used a toner but one previously did as she made a mess of the colour and panicked.
Or did the hairdresser assume it was still too yellow ?
If you don’t like it and the purple doesn’t come out, phone the hairdresser today and let them know you are not happy and want it put right, don’t add anything yourself as they might use that as a get out clause.
Off topic but the dove grey sound fabulous !

* just saw your other post , I think you are right she realised she had made a mistake , hence you getting some for free

Edited at 08:56 AM.
snowbelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
My hair is numerous colours some natural silver some added blonde , some still naturally dark ( I sound like a stripy badger , but it does work )
My silver parts are very porous and pick up blue shampoo for a couple of days.
My hairdresser has never used a toner and blue shampoo together , I would have thought the toner would have been enough to start.
Or did the hairdresser assume it was still too yellow ?
If you don’t like it and the purple doesn’t come out, phone the hairdresser today and let them know you are not happy and want it put right, don’t add anything yourself as they might use that as a get out clause.
Off topic but the dove grey sound fabulous !
Trouble is, I can't see the dove grey The trainee washed it and I heard her say to the hairdresser, shall I use purple or blonde shampoo. The hairdresser just said, you choose
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

I would be contacting the salon this morning and stating your not happy, they should rectify it free of charge.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List