Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Nov 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Insurance

We have two trips tot he states booked next year - Feb - New York and May - Florida.

We have travel insurance via TSB Bank, in their policy it states covid cover etc, however I keep seeing people mention Stay sure - have just done a quote - £100 for an annual policy for the 4 of us - wondering if i should take this out alongside ?

Any thoughts? What are other folk doing?
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

If we do decide to go I will be buying a good policy to cover isolation and a new returning flight etc! I think I will look on stay sure and I have heard the post office also cover everything but I will have to have a proper look into it all!
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

I took out the Stay Sure cover purely to cover us for the positive test result if it were to happen. £100 is nothing in comparison to what could be lost if it turns out your bank insurance doesn't cover you. Plus, you have 2 trips that will be covered under that one £100 policy. It's a no-brainer to me

First trip to Florida: June 2013
First family trip: Disney Oct 2019
Latest family trip to Florida: Treasure Island, Universal October 2022
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

We have the Nationwide FlexPlus cover and they have confirmed that if our pre departure tests are positive we are covered for cancellation. They have recently improved their Covid cover and they now have the highest Which? rating of 'Complete'

Interestingly they give the Staysure Comprehensive policy the rating below 'Complete' which is 'Superior'

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC

Edited at 12:53 PM.
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

That's good to know as I have a Flex Plus account too

irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Helping Minnie

We have a Staysure annual policy.

£100 for 4 sounds like a good price. Try using the discount code QNB320 to see if you can reduce it more.
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Remember if you are covered by two policies for the same risk, they will expect you to claim on both 50/50 - you cant pick and choose who picks up the tab. So thats two lots of excesses for one claim
Stitchesmumanddad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Remember if you are covered by two policies for the same risk, they will expect you to claim on both 50/50 - you cant pick and choose who picks up the tab. So thats two lots of excesses for one claim
So, correct me if I'm wrong, if I have travel cover on 2 bank accounts, a credit card, and a dedicated travel policy, I have to split any claim over them all?

Old 1 Nov 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by irnjaw View Post
So, correct me if I'm wrong, if I have travel cover on 2 bank accounts, a credit card, and a dedicated travel policy, I have to split any claim over them all?

My understanding is that if they all provide cover for the risk you are claiming against then you claim against them all and I believe they then apportion the claim between them. You would not be allowed to 'select' against any of them in favour of the others. As a previous poster stated you would be liable for excesses from each of them.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
firemanyoz
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Ingram01 View Post
We have a Staysure annual policy.

£100 for 4 sounds like a good price. Try using the discount code QNB320 to see if you can reduce it more.
That code worked, thanks.
firemanyoz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List