Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Sep 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Booked for next summer!

Just booked 2 weeks in California! Into SF, out of SD, booked 3xhotels and car for 8 days, £5200. Very happy with that price(4 pax), just need the bl**** borders open now!
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yay, happy planning! I'm desperate to book for next summer but the flight prices are putting me off at the moment.
Old 16 Sep 21, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

BA have some great deals -
we’ve booked flights into SF, out of LAX, inc car and full insurance. 4 adults in July - £2200 (including luggage) for 14 nights (car for 11 nights).

Just need to book hotels.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by porridge View Post
BA have some great deals -
we’ve booked flights into SF, out of LAX, inc car and full insurance. 4 adults in July - £2200 (including luggage) for 14 nights (car for 11 nights).

Just need to book hotels.
We are looking at the same...into SF and out of LAX but only need a car for the middle portion. How did you book? Multi city then add car or start as package?
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Robsie71 View Post
We are looking at the same...into SF and out of LAX but only need a car for the middle portion. How did you book? Multi city then add car or start as package?
On BA go to flights and car hire then it should say custom trip, on my phone it’s on the right hand side in blue. It should then bring up a page with 3 red boxes, flights, hotels and car hire. U can then put in the car hire section the length of time u want the car for, u can also pick up and drop off at different places. Some people have said airport pick ups are coming out more expensive, so maybe worth looking at other locations if it fits in with your trip.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jasminedivas View Post
On BA go to flights and car hire then it should say custom trip, on my phone it’s on the right hand side in blue. It should then bring up a page with 3 red boxes, flights, hotels and car hire. U can then put in the car hire section the length of time u want the car for, u can also pick up and drop off at different places. Some people have said airport pick ups are coming out more expensive, so maybe worth looking at other locations if it fits in with your trip.
Perfect thank you..not looking to pick up or drop off at an airport so that's good...car hire is coming out ridiculous stand along for 4 days so hopefully this is a cheaper route!
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robsie71 View Post
Like jasmine said, I did a custom trip - that way you just pay a small deposit.
Initially I was going to book a flight and add the car on at the end (where it asks you if you want a car) but that way said I’d have to pay upfront, hence why I then started again using the custom trip bit!
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Thank you for the custom trip suggestion, works out cheaper adding a car this way than the flight alone😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
Thank you for the custom trip suggestion, works out cheaper adding a car this way than the flight alone😀
That’s great news, hope you manage to book what you want. I’ve re-prices mine and the car has gone up by £500! The car hire really is the expensive bit at the moment. We need a 7 seater so very restricted to types of car which doesn’t help. Now just to sort some of the hotels which seem to be a lot more than when I have looked before. We are in Vancouver for 2 nights and my trip that was booked for last week had decent hotels booked for £120 a night, these are now £200. Really hoping prices drop soon, but this maybe the new norm.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List