Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 Sep 21, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
gbaz44
Earning More Ears

Honestly a bit disappointed with this. It's my birthday and I had picked California Grill for meal, obviously provided we got a booking but this has put us off.

I think the menu looks great tbh but what has put us off is that the kids (14 & 15) have to go with this menu too. One of them out of the previous menu only wanted a Pepperoni pizza.

Obviously no one knows yet how long this menu will stay for or exactly what they'll go to afterwards but I think it's back to the drawing board for birthday meal.

I should say we don't normally do the table service restaurants mainly due to one very fussy kid.
gbaz44 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Bookings opened 40 mins early, we have two reservations to give it a thorough test - one on an Xmas Party night, one not.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Bookings opened 40 mins early, we have two reservations to give it a thorough test - one on an Xmas Party night, one not.
Did you get Space 220?
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Did you get Space 220?
Not yet, it's booked solid the week we are at CR. We've then got a week at HRH and at week at the BC. BC adr's open soon so we'll be on the case then.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sorry to be doom monger but, we have called never again on CG and (sadly) so many other Disney Restaurants.
I say sadly because so many of our best memories are from the two big family nights we would dress up and dine out. Mostly it's because prices even with TIW are crazy now and with CG in particular poor food and service on each of our last 3 trips.
I would never pay best part of 250 dollars and more when a quick Uber takes us so many better places.

Sad. And I hope OP has a fantastic visit and ours were just bad luck.

Oh, the nights we would go to Yachtsman, Shulas, Flying Fish etc. Dress up, drinks before and after, highlights of the trip.
salmim is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WindyMiller2
Very Serious Dibber

WindyMiller2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Well done on getting your reservations. We look forward to reading your reviews.
WindyMiller2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
kanickie
Very Serious Dibber

Resurrecting this thread as I found it in a search when I was looking for more info on the 50th menu at Cali Grill.
Really disappointed with the reviews on it. I’m a vegetarian too and making us pay the same price for a mushroom pasta and a t bone steak is pretty rubbish.
I am gutted as CG was one of my faves and I’m always willing to pay the extra for the view and the service but this one I might have to bow out of on our next trip… same goes for Ohana also which is such a shame!
kanickie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kanickie View Post
Resurrecting this thread as I found it in a search when I was looking for more info on the 50th menu at Cali Grill.
Really disappointed with the reviews on it. I’m a vegetarian too and making us pay the same price for a mushroom pasta and a t bone steak is pretty rubbish.
I am gutted as CG was one of my faves and I’m always willing to pay the extra for the view and the service but this one I might have to bow out of on our next trip… same goes for Ohana also which is such a shame!
I have been since I last wrote on this thread, reviewed it here.

You make a fair point about the price of mushroom ravioli (or whatever) versus steak and I won’t try to dispute that. But I would say as Disney prices go and considering the prime venue, I wouldn’t be unhappy with the cost for a three course meal, even if I had chosen the vegetarian option.

(The issue of being made to have three courses, is a separate one and given the choice I would only have two courses myself).

What’s the issue with ‘Ohanas?

Edited at 09:07 AM.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
kanickie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have been since I last wrote on this thread, reviewed it here.

You make a fair point about the price of mushroom ravioli (or whatever) versus steak and I won’t try to dispute that. But I would say as Disney prices go and considering the prime venue, I wouldn’t be unhappy with the cost for a three course meal, even if I had chosen the vegetarian option.

(The issue of being made to have three courses, is a separate one and given the choice I would only have two courses myself).

What’s the issue with ‘Ohanas?
Thanks Claudette, great review!

I’m a bit of a stickler for my favourites (CG and Ohana).. I loved the variety I got to choose from at CG, now as a veggie I will get one option from the starter and main.. was looking into their 50th cocktail party as a potential alternative but also looks bad for veggies, I may call them as it really was a fave and I can’t imagine doing WDW without it!

Ohana has changed completely from the looks of it. The bread and dessert are different. The food is slightly different. It looks like the vegan offering is pretty decent but it’s not the old Ohana I know… I sound like such a stick in the mud with my comments on this..
It’s so hard to make an informed decision 60 days out when you are limited to what info you can get online.

I’ve decided to give some new restaurants a go on my next trip and not stick to the same old favourites as I’m not keen on the changes. Le Cellier will be a new one- veggie options look great (if I can get a res!) and Ale and Compass at Yacht club.
kanickie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List