Old 24 Sep 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Britannia staycation sep21 - day 4 Liverpool

I wake up far too early again, but potter around the cabin for a bit. I had decided to order breakfast to the room last night. I thought there was a small fee but it ended up being free, which is really good I think. It’s only continental but i got some muesli and yoghurt and a muffin in case I wanted a snack later. Seems strange to be in Liverpool so close to home.

At about 8 I get a knock on the door and it’s my cabin steward. I hadn’t seen her since the first day, and she wanted to say thankyou. I had heard with the few ports and no independent wandering that the crew were struggling to get toiletries and snacks. I had bought a load of chocolate, but then filled a wash bag with sanitary products, razors, and all sorts of other toiletries, soap, moisturiser etc. She explained that they had pop up shops at Southampton for a couple of hours in the morning, but that she wasn’t allowed off the ship as of course change over day is her busiest day. She seemed really pleased and was glad to make her life a little easier.

I’m planning a film in the Studio cinema at 9. It’s called the Father with Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Coleman. Definitely a wonderfully acted film but not a cheerful holiday movie on the whole!

Fitsteps had been moved to 11.15am today which meant I could watch the film. Again this was a lot of fun. Salsa and American smooth today!

I have my slightly later morning cider, then grab lunch.

I can’t decide what to get so have a slightly random order of a cheese and pickle baguette followed by pesto pasta. Service was amazing as usual but it did upset me how rude the table next to me were to the staff. They try so hard and I can’t imagine ever being so rude.

I wander back to my cabin. I’m planning on trying to watch an episode of MAFS but the signal isn’t good enough so I end up falling asleep. Must have needed it as I never ever nap.

A swim is in order so I head out, do a few laps, then settle into the jacuzzi with a Pimms. It’s cloudy but lovely and mild.

I shower and get changed then wait in the Crows nest for the 6.45pm showing of the headliners theatre tonight. Turns it out to be a Beatles cover band who are really good.

I pop my name on the waiting list for the restaurant and my table is ready as I exit the theatre. This is the same restaurant as last night and it’s much more chilled. I order broccoli soup, salmon, and cheese. All excellent as always.

I don’t fancy the entertainment in the Live lounge tonight. It’s the band Pulse but doing Latin style music. I settle in Brodie’s to watch a guitar act, then head up to top deck to watch the Trawlermen. We have set off and it’s brisk so I get my hoodie.

I thought this was going to be a longer set as they were only doing 2 tonight, but no, just the 25 mins again. As it’s just 10.30 I have a quick nightcap of a strawberry daiquiri and then bedtime..

Edited at 06:19 PM.
mitch84 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lovely day!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Glad you had a lovely day. Nice gesture regarding toiletries etc. Glad your hostess appreciated it.