Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Oct 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
Fuente Del Oro changed back, I think today, to a restaurant. They've kept some of the items from the "bar" menu, and there's burritos, etc. back on now. X
Oh good! That’s always been one of my faves.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Restaurants and menus are on the website:

disneylandparis/en-g...-studios-park/

You can make bookings on the app.

First things first - do you have a dining plan or not? If not, breakfast is a separate charge, and it's pricey. For Cheyenne you're talking about roughly £20 per adult. The breakfast has all you need - cereal, toast, cooked options, breads, cold meats and cheeses, yoghurt, fruit etc. But unless you are planning to have a really big breakfast and skip lunch, it's not worth paying extra for. If you have a dining plan it's all included.

If we don't have a dining plan we tend to go to New York Style Sandwiches in the Village which does a croissant/juice/coffee deal. Or there's Starbucks at the Cheyenne and in the Village, or Earl of Sandwich does a good bacon and egg roll. Or there's always McD's if you must!

If you're at the Cheyenne they will offer you the Standard dining plan, which covers the buffets at Cheyenne, Santa Fe, La Grange at Billy Bob's in the Village (best Standard level buffet on property in my view), and also in Disneyland Park it covers Plaza Gardens and Agrabah Cafe.

You will get one voucher per night, which you can use for lunch or dinner. Bear in mind that the in-park restaurants will close several hours earlier than the park, so unless you want a really early dinner they are better for lunch.

If you want to eat at one of the more expensive Disney-owned restaurants you can use the voucher like cash, towards the cost. If you do this, your drink won't be included.

The non-Disney owned restaurants like Rainforest Cafe, King Ludwigs, Planet Hollywood, Vapianos and Five Guys are not on the dining plan. I have never seen a good review of Planet Hollywood and rarely of Rainforest Cafe (overpriced and mediocre like the London one). I don't think you can book them in advance but I've never seen either busy.

If you know you want to eat at the more expensive (Cape Cod, Downtown) or the table service restaurants such as Bistrot Chez Remy, Captain Jack's, Manhattan, Steakhouse etc it would be worth buying the Plus dining plan, but it sounds like that's not what you're after.

I believe Cafe Mickey is still closed. It's hugely expensive, has a fixed price menu only and honestly isn't worth it. If you want characters, the best option is the Plaza Gardens breakfast, but I don't think that is back yet.

There are loads of YouTube videos on line showing the restaurants - look for recent ones as the buffet restaurants have gone to a 'family style' system where you order specific plates of food from the menu and they bring them to you. I've seen videos recently by Sam4God who is a UK vlogger.
Thank you so much for this. As chuck wagon is now standard plus and our flight gets in late & we wont be at disney until 9pm, and we'll miss dinner on the half board plan, have decided just to do breakfast plan at Cheyenne and fuel up, missing lunch but having a later dinner. Parks close early anyway, so we'll linger over dinner and a few drinks.

Are there seating areas/a lounge at Cheyenne? ie in hotel part not a bar or restaurant.

We've managed to book chuck wagon, cape cod and plaza gardens but are hoping for Manhattan (at his late stage -If pigs could fly! )

we'll pay OOP for dinners

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 06:21 PM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
It might still be worth doing half board if you are staying till afternoon on your last day. You get 1 voucher per night, and you can use them for lunch or dinner. So you could use that one for lunch on your last day. or use one for lunch and another for dinner on the same day.

As for seating, there is the Red Garter Saloon and Starbucks, and I think there may be some seating in the lobby.

Edited at 07:05 PM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishtogoback
Excited about Disney

We’ve been twice and both times had the buffet meals included. We enjoyed plaza gardens, Agra bah, billy bobs and the restaurant in Santa Fe. I would describe them as functional eating, as they were all buffets there was lots to choose from and it was fine but not like enjoying a meal in a restaurant. Planet Hollywood was nice too but a little pricey. One time was in September and there was all the food carts around so we had lunch on the go from those. In my opinion, dining options are fairly limited particularly for evening meals as depending on when you go the park restaurants close early.
Wishtogoback is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Wishtogoback View Post
We’ve been twice and both times had the buffet meals included. We enjoyed plaza gardens, Agra bah, billy bobs and the restaurant in Santa Fe. I would describe them as functional eating, as they were all buffets there was lots to choose from and it was fine but not like enjoying a meal in a restaurant. Planet Hollywood was nice too but a little pricey. One time was in September and there was all the food carts around so we had lunch on the go from those. In my opinion, dining options are fairly limited particularly for evening meals as depending on when you go the park restaurants close early.
That’s why we tend to go to the Plus restaurants. Yacht Club and Steakhouse are reliable, and Manhattan looks good. The French don’t rush table service meals, you are there for the evening.
Other parks: Tokyo
Old 17 Oct 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Starmum22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by piglet100 View Post
Is cafe Mickey open again? It's not clear on the app but says characters are currently suspended. I could be wrong but I don't think there's any character dining anywhere at the moment.
Cafe Mickey is still closed. I can also confirm you are correct - no character dining.

Edited at 08:53 AM.
Starmum22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
It might still be worth doing half board if you are staying till afternoon on your last day. You get 1 voucher per night, and you can use them for lunch or dinner. So you could use that one for lunch on your last day. or use one for lunch and another for dinner on the same day.

As for seating, there is the Red Garter Saloon and Starbucks, and I think there may be some seating in the lobby.
good idea.
thanks for that.

literally have just found out our times have changed, so will use the af lounge for snacks and drinks and good news is that i have 2 options for the magical shuttle so won't need taxi.

happy days!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LuvFlorida6056
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by lam View Post
Going in 3 weeks. no restaurants booked, can't see how to do it or which ones are open and cannot find menus!
Staying at cheyenne. ds has a big appetite.Only 4 days so thinking i'll go for the half board.

Like all you can eat type (boma cape cod etc) and chef mickeys in florida .lower end deluxe burger and wolfgang puck and japanese restaurant.

ANy suggestions? How can i check availability?

Sorry to hi jack thread!
There seems to be no way to book 60 days out at the moment on the app, I think part of the problem is the start finish times for the parks is only updated to the 30th October so presumably the restaurants will have trouble with later bookings ?
LuvFlorida6056 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LuvFlorida6056 View Post
There seems to be no way to book 60 days out at the moment on the app, I think part of the problem is the start finish times for the parks is only updated to the 30th October so presumably the restaurants will have trouble with later bookings ?
I have dining reservations for November, including in park restaurants. I'm unsure why they're taking so long to release for December. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
I have dining reservations for November, including in park restaurants. I'm unsure why they're taking so long to release for December. X
When I try to book on the app, its all misaligned on my screen and when I try to inut my October dates, it freezes and shows up to october 17th only!

It shows from 1st November thereafter.
Does that mean theres no bookings available anywhere from 17th October?

not upgrading from breakfast to half board if I cannot get a reservation!

dratt