Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 13 Oct 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Sporadic shortages in all our supermarkets, bottled water, frozen veg, chilled foods seem to be the main shortages at the minute.
Microwave rice and pasta very thin on the ground last week too!
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I went to sainsburys on Saturday and they had no ready meals, no mince, no rich tea biscuits and no bread. I was going to make spag Bol, I have dolimo, red pepper, garlic and dried spaghetti but no mince!
I bet you stocked up on cake though😁

Please give me prior notice if you are going to my local sainsburys so I can stay home and lock all my doors.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Is it a shortage of foods or a shortage of HGV drivers delivering the foods?
I haven’t been able to get small cartons of pineapple juice for DD’s packed lunch for weeks.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
It’s Walkers Crinkles I can’t find. They are the only kind my Dad likes. As he is 89 and rarely leaves the house now due to caring for my Mum, I try to get him what he likes when I do their shopping. I used to find them in Morrisons but not for a good 4 months now. I’ve tried all the other supermarkets as well as Home Bargains, B&M etc. I even tweeted Walkers and got a reply that they are ‘working on it’.

I’ve tried every other brand and type but he doesn’t like them!
I haven’t been able to get these for months either. Have they been discontinued?
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I couldn’t frozen peas in M&S yesterday and today popping over the the huge Tescos in Clapham. But went to The Ginger Pig and got some steak minced for me which was yummy last night (with the last of the few peas in my freezer)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I couldn’t frozen peas in M&S yesterday and today popping over the the huge Tescos in Clapham. But went to The Ginger Pig and got some steak minced for me which was yummy last night (with the last of the few peas in my freezer)
I don't think I have ever been without frozen peas before in all my married life. We don't eat them every day but they are just there as a back up, this is a new dystopia!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I don't think I have ever been without frozen peas before in all my married life. We don't eat them every day but they are just there as a back up, this is a new dystopia!
I only ever buy M&S frozen peas after working in a pea processing plant and like you my freezer looks bare without them. Might buy a small back from Tesco just to calm my OCD but with no intention of eating them until I get some from M&S …..
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I only ever buy M&S frozen peas after working in a pea processing plant and like you my freezer looks bare without them. Might buy a small back from Tesco just to calm my OCD but with no intention of eating them until I get some from M&S …..
Not even Birdseye?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by petit-pois View Post
I couldn’t pass by this thread without posting 😆
We’ve had supply issues with meat, salad, soy sauce and most annoying of all, building materials. Our extension should have been finished last month but is still only half finished, plus the cost of the roof has risen by £5,000 🤯
I have roof tiles on order and was quoted 10 week delivery. That's now extended to 4 to 6 Months!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I haven’t been able to get these for months either. Have they been discontinued?
They say not. But I have to wonder.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List