Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 17 Oct 21, 06:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mamma Mia it’s Greece

Day 6 - Saturday 16th Oct

It’s just after 2 when I hear Jas get up and go to the bathroom. I’m starting to get concerned that she’s been in there a long time when I hear her moving in her bed?! I guess the A/c is back to sounding like someone stepping on the floor! Fall back to sleep and wake up to discover that it’s 7am - miracle, I have slept!

I get up and start to gather the pool bits and pieces. I can’t open the shutter to assess the weather and don’t want to break it again so jas gets up and does it for me. Cloud.

I head out but forget to bring the blanket. It’s still quite windy and it’s freezing. There are a few blue bits of sky but no where near the sun. Weather forecast says sun/cloud/rain but not not sure what to believe as it said the same for yesterday and it ended up being full sun

By 8.30 I’ve gone back for the blanket. I’m too old to sit with goosebumps. I then get 2 hot chocolates and drink them while wrapped in the blanket

The girls are both down by 9 and jas is hungry so we go in to the restaurant and get a light breakfast.
Back to the sunbeds and fully wrapped up. We’re there roughly half an hour before it starts to rain so we retreat to the terrace and play cards. Blanket/towels still required as the wind is so cold.

11.10 and the sun is out and there are some blue patches but also sizeable grey patches. Once it looks like the grey patches are on their way out, phoebe goes to get changed as she’s put a swim suit on today. When she comes back she’s concerned that people will think she’s got changed because she’s had an accident. Jas is still with us - it’s been 2 hours so far

I went and got a plate of salad/chips around 12.30, neither of the girls were hungry.
Phoe and I went for a quick dip after - I fear it may be our last as typically within 5 minutes of getting out the full cloud was back and we were freezing. Jas went up to see if the room had been done but it hadn’t so she came back down and we moved to the terrace as it had started to rain. We had a table at the edge and cold wind and rain was blowing on to us and we were colder than ever. Phoe got a plate of food so we sat in the snack terrace while she ate but that has open doors so we weren’t much warmer. We moved from there to the indoor/outdoor terrace and got a hot chocolate. We decided that we were too cold and wet so we’d go back to the room, jas would start packing her stuff and we’d walk down to the supermarket as Phoe wanted a few gifts for friends.

We set off down to the beach first and turned right at the bottom instead of left and walked along the back of some hotels. There are lots of places closed up - we weren’t sure if they were already closed for the end of the season or due to the pandemic. We went back up the hill and beyond the hotel where there were 5 rental car places within 200 metres. Back to the hotel where the sun was just starting to come out again but the wind was still really cold. I sat on the balcony sorting out my handbag ready for the journey home. The girls came out to play cards but we had to get the blanket as we all had goosebumps. They then decided to play ‘cups’ from friends - google helped with the rules. The game ends when a card goes flying off the table due to the wind. Jas and I are dispatched to locate it and find it in the totally opposite direction to where we were looking.

I’m looking forward to dinner and actually feel hungry for the first time in days.

We start packing and hope that we can get everyone’s case 15kg or less - on the way out Phoe and I upgraded to 20 and both cases were around 18. We have not used anywhere near as much sun cream as I thought we would and I brought tonnes of sanitizer too as I thought we’d be using loads at the buffet but because of the glove system and the fact they have spray sanitizers everywhere we haven’t use that much. We decide that we’ll upgrade one as we’re not going to get all 3 15kg or under but when we go to check in there isn’t the option to upgrade. Poops. I wonder how much we’ll get stung at the airport. I wouldn’t mind too much but phoebe probably packed enough clothes for another week. Checking in online is a complete faff as you have to enter the PLF 20 million character ref for each person.

We go to dinner and there are very few people about - Saturday must be a big change over day but without many newcomers as it’s the end of season. Phoebe was hoping for nachos and a Mexican night but had to settle for kebab night.
She also realised that she’d come out in her ‘day’ flip flops instead of one of her many evening shoes. There’s no entertainment tonight so we head back to the room and play cards on the balcony with blankets wrapped round us.

I’m so looking forward to being back in my own bed tomorrow night. Also hoping that tonight will be the best sleep yet. Ever hopeful, I’ve set an alarm.

Day 6 from Phoebe’s point of view:

Day 6

I went to sleep at 11 and woke up for the first time at 6:45! I can confirm we didn’t have any hurricanes, tsunamis or earthquakes and no one was ill in the night. I had to nudge mum once at 7ish but she then went down to the sun beds at 8. I’d woken up again at half 8 and asked Jas to bring my watch down when she comes down but said she was going to come down with me to breakfast as she was hungry.

We met mum and went to get some food. I had some pancakes and a croissant. Jas was back on the chips! As we walked into the outdoor seating, we saw Harry and the girl! Not long after the girl disappeared so he was back to being Harry and no girl. Headed back down to the pool and sat under the blanket for a while!

The sun then came out at 11 all for 2hrs! I went and got changed from my swim suit into a bikini! After it went and started to spit with rain we went to sit under the terrace and I ate lunch.
More card games and I’m fed up of losing and Jas winning after 5 seconds!

Back out to the sun beds and Jas went back up to the room. Mum and I decided to go back up and get changed and walk down to the beach. I’d forgotten my bucket again so couldn’t build a sandcastle. We’d found a path at the back of the beach and walked through some hotels.
Stopped off at the shop on the way back and decided to explore further up the hill from the hotel but only found about 50 car rental places.

Back in the hotel room and Jas and I played Cups, from Friends on the balcony, I won as I got the two of clubs!
A few more card games and then back inside to try and start packing and get ready for dinner.

Tonight I had more chips, more pizza and more pitta. I’m so ready to get back home and eat normal food that I’m comfortable with! Jas had classic spaghetti and chips.

As we were walking back to the room we saw Harry and the girl again! I thought they might have gone home today but they were both still here! Upstairs to finish packing and a few more games of cards and I didn’t win any!

I have high hopes for sleep tonight but the last time I said that we had all sorts of incidents so let’s just hope we make it through the night x