Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 18 Feb 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen1
Excited about Disney

I have just emailed Florida Escapes regarding our tickets and the following message came up once the email was sent.

Thanks for you email. We have taken the decision to mothball all operations until early 2021. The critical state of the global travel industry caused by the pandemic has caused unrepairable damage to so many companies. We have sought to continue to trade with the normal team but this is not proving possible so day to day operations have been mothballed until the borders reopen. For clients whom have pending refunds or amendments, these will be processed as per agreed terms. You will receive an email once the refund has been processed. It is important to note, we have NOT ceased trading. Our business is simply not operating at present as there is no market whatsoever and therefore we cannot sustain a team. Clients should note, tickets have a CASH value and can be used as credit towards travel at any point in the future. No tickets have been cancelled and are valid for entry in 2021 or upgradable to any future date as credit. This is done directly at the park by paying the difference on value (if any). The policy for COVID can be seen below:floridaescapes/cor...s-updatePlease be advised as per our terms and conditions, we are unable to offer any refunds. Should you require the insurance documentation, please provide the below information: - Insurance company - Policy number - Lead name This can be completed on the below link:floridaescapes/insurance-claim

I don't think I would be happy to just turn up with my expired tickets in hope I can just pay the difference just incase Disney say no.
Jen1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jen1 View Post
I have just emailed Florida Escapes regarding our tickets and the following message came up once the email was sent.

Thanks for you email. We have taken the decision to mothball all operations until early 2021. The critical state of the global travel industry caused by the pandemic has caused unrepairable damage to so many companies. We have sought to continue to trade with the normal team but this is not proving possible so day to day operations have been mothballed until the borders reopen. For clients whom have pending refunds or amendments, these will be processed as per agreed terms. You will receive an email once the refund has been processed. It is important to note, we have NOT ceased trading. Our business is simply not operating at present as there is no market whatsoever and therefore we cannot sustain a team. Clients should note, tickets have a CASH value and can be used as credit towards travel at any point in the future. No tickets have been cancelled and are valid for entry in 2021 or upgradable to any future date as credit. This is done directly at the park by paying the difference on value (if any). The policy for COVID can be seen below:floridaescapes/cor...s-updatePlease be advised as per our terms and conditions, we are unable to offer any refunds. Should you require the insurance documentation, please provide the below information: - Insurance company - Policy number - Lead name This can be completed on the below link:floridaescapes/insurance-claim

I don't think I would be happy to just turn up with my expired tickets in hope I can just pay the difference just incase Disney say no.
I agree given the differing answers that Dibbers have been receiving from companies and Disney when asking about ticket extensions.
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm on the phone now, didn't manage to ring the other day due to work! Will let you know how I get on once I'm off the phone
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Just to let everyone know we are sorted, massive massive thank you to Disney!

They've transferred over our tickets. We had to pay a difference of £23.85pp but our tickets are now valid through to Jan 2023. I'd really recommend trying to phone Disney. I phoned bang on 12pm and was through to a cast member in seconds

Hope everyone else manages to get sorted x
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
Just to let everyone know we are sorted, massive massive thank you to Disney!

They've transferred over our tickets. We had to pay a difference of £23.85pp but our tickets are now valid through to Jan 2023. I'd really recommend trying to phone Disney. I phoned bang on 12pm and was through to a cast member in seconds

Hope everyone else manages to get sorted x
Thanks for the update. I’m still hoping to go in august and want to book my park days in the hope that we can. Do you think it’s worth phoning Disney and paying he extra so they are valid for longer or will that not even be an option if I’m still hoping to travel this year?

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

We have been told no again. Apparently if you booked ultimate tickets after July 2020 then it’s not transferable. I escalated to customer services but a firm no. Totally disappointed in Disney. No idea why some are allowed but well done if you have. Not sure where to go from here.

Edited at 03:29 PM.
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Thanks for the update. I’m still hoping to go in august and want to book my park days in the hope that we can. Do you think it’s worth phoning Disney and paying he extra so they are valid for longer or will that not even be an option if I’m still hoping to travel this year?
I'm not sure they'd extend it if you are still hoping to visit this year as they have changed our 2021 tickets over to 2022 ones but it's worth ringing and asking them.

Originally Posted by Florida Gator View Post
We have been told no again. Apparently if you booked ultimate tickets after July 2020 then it’s not transferable. I escalated to customer services but a firm no. Totally disappointed in Disney. No idea why some are allowed but well done if you have. Not sure where to go from here.
Not sure if it'll work but you could try sending a complaint email in and copying Bob Chapek in robert.chapek@disney.com - that was the only way I got them to listen to me when I was trying to sort my annual pass out. Luckily I didn't need to go down that route this time but I would have had no problem copying him in, if they hadn't of budged! It might be worth a try.

The 1st cast member I spoke to was amazing and was saying things do happen, outside of COVID times, people break arms/legs/have to go into hospital/all sorts of reasons and she said that people don't realise that as long as you haven't scanned into the parks then they allow you to put the money towards a new ticket and pay the difference.
Old 10 Mar 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
AlanScotland
Gone all Goofy

We messaged Disney on Twitter and were told our 2020 Ultimate tickets couldn't be upgraded to 2022 at the parks as they are a UK promotion. We were told to phone the UK number. We did and were told we must go through Florida Escapes. They have mothballed. Stuck now
AlanScotland is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
AlanScotland
Gone all Goofy

Ok it's beginning to look rather dodgy. I have passed my ticket serial numbers to Universal who confirm the tickets are invalid as ticket agent has been refunded!

It appears Florida Escapes having denied my refund request and fought my debit card dispute have only gone and invalidated my tickets by obtaining a refund and keeping the cash for themselves!
AlanScotland is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bulldogmason
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by AlanScotland View Post
We messaged Disney on Twitter and were told our 2020 Ultimate tickets couldn't be upgraded to 2022 at the parks as they are a UK promotion. We were told to phone the UK number. We did and were told we must go through Florida Escapes. They have mothballed. Stuck now
I got the same Twitter reply last night from them as well 😔
Bulldogmason is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List