Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 26 Jul 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Jen1
Excited about Disney

We have tickets purchased through Florida Escapes which expire at the end of Sept, FE have said we can extend to next year for the cost of £70.
This was over two months ago now and the ticket has still not been extended, FE said they have sent details to Disney and there is a long wait.

I am going to try and ring Disney today to see what they say.
Getting a bit frustrated now as this has been going on since May and now looking like we will have another ticket to change if our Sept Hol gets cancelled this week.
Jen1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

I had 2020 tickets booked with Attraction Tickets which were extended to 2021. They said we can pay the difference in price which was about £75 per ticket to upgrade them to 2022 or if I send them back, they’ll refund 80% and give us 20% as credit so I think we’ll end up doing that.
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

We got our 14 day ultimate tickets which would have expired in September changed to 2022 tickets for £57.36 each.

Orlando Attractions we’re fabulous and got this all sorted with Disney and within 2 weeks showing on MDE.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rob1966
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
Just to let everyone know we are sorted, massive massive thank you to Disney!

They've transferred over our tickets. We had to pay a difference of £23.85pp but our tickets are now valid through to Jan 2023. I'd really recommend trying to phone Disney. I phoned bang on 12pm and was through to a cast member in seconds

Hope everyone else manages to get sorted x
Could you let me know the number you called to get through to Disney please?

I tried a few and ended up waiting for hours, and was advised to ring another number for ticketing and that ended up being restaurant reservations - I'm so not impressed with Disney ticketing at the minute, Universal we're fantastic!
Rob1966 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DanSambora85
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Andi View Post
We got our 14 day ultimate tickets which would have expired in September changed to 2022 tickets for £57.36 each.

Orlando Attractions we’re fabulous and got this all sorted with Disney and within 2 weeks showing on MDE.
Hello - was this Orlando Attraction Tickets (with the green /yellow/white website?)?

We have a whole bunch of tickets with them that expire at the end of this year, including Disney tickets linked to MDE, that we'd like to use in 2022 instead.

Was it simple to upgrade with them?
Their refund/alteration policies in their T&Cs are a little scary!
Old 18 Aug 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Espman1
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by DanSambora85 View Post
Hello - was this Orlando Attraction Tickets (with the green /yellow/white website?)?

We have a whole bunch of tickets with them that expire at the end of this year, including Disney tickets linked to MDE, that we'd like to use in 2022 instead.

Was it simple to upgrade with them?
Their refund/alteration policies in their T&Cs are a little scary!
I am waiting to see what Disney do, OAT have quoted me £75 per ticket to upgrade, as well as having to send thrm back recorded post, so an extra £5 on top.
If that's our only choice I will do it, as the alternative is 75% refund of the ticket. (But this includes universal and sesworld tickets as well so I end up losing on those tickets that have already been extended for free) and lose around £220 per person!

I have emailed disney but had no response yet, I don't think I'm likely to hear anything, but I'm hoping they do a general policy change for tickets that can't be used.
Espman1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DanSambora85
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Espman1 View Post
I am waiting to see what Disney do, OAT have quoted me £75 per ticket to upgrade, as well as having to send thrm back recorded post, so an extra £5 on top.
If that's our only choice I will do it, as the alternative is 75% refund of the ticket. (But this includes universal and sesworld tickets as well so I end up losing on those tickets that have already been extended for free) and lose around £220 per person!

I have emailed disney but had no response yet, I don't think I'm likely to hear anything, but I'm hoping they do a general policy change for tickets that can't be used.
Wow that's a lot of money to lose! Thankyou for the info on the upgrade.

We have less than 30 days to go (TUI STILL haven't cancelled us and the balance is due Friday!) so would be in the 50% refund category which is absolutely crazy to even consider - so an upgrade to next year is our only choice.
Old 18 Aug 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Buy from Disney, the FAQs which then form part of the contract, copied below clearly say you can use expired unused tickets toward new ones. No ifs, no buts. Part of the contract as it’s stated on the website you can review before you buy.

disneyworld/faq/tickets/ticket-dates/

So when they tell you when you buy ‘Tickets are non refundable and non transferable’. (Which they do), that isn’t the whole story as they can be used to buy another ticket if expired and unused. I suppose that’s not refunded and not transferred. They state it clearly. Take a screenshot in case you ever have problems.

Edited at 08:27 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Florida Gator View Post
I got nowhere with extending our disney tickets that we bought through disney either. I’ve tried multiple times
You need to quote their own website and if the tickets are expired, tell them you want to use the money toward new tickets, and if they still refuse, put in a chargeback. If necessary sue them in small claims.

Edit I see you say you managed it. Should never have been an issue, it’s printed on their website, which of course you and everyone else read and bought the tickets on that basis and so it was a term of the contract.

If you bought from a third party you are bound by their particular T&Cs but could probably argue frustration of contract if purchased prior to Covid, albeit they can deduct reasonable expenses in that scenario anyway.

Edited at 08:32 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lee010880
I have Ears

Hello
I also bought tickets from Florida escapes in 2019 we are now booked to go June but not having any luck sorting my Disney tickets before then have you got any advice or contact numbers I can call just really do not want to take the chance of getting to Disney for them to say no you can’t come in any help and advice is extremely welcome as wanted everything in hand before we go
lee010880 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List