Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 3 Sep 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Love Cyprus, will be great in October, don’t be afraid of the ayia napa area especially at that time of year, it’s not just for party people and clubbers. We stayed at Oceanus near the harbour, lovely hotel. I have relatives there so we do stay with them for a few days, borrow their car and drive around a bit, love Protaras, Pernera and Pissouri.

We spent a few days up the Troodos mountains which was a completely different holiday to the normal beach/hotel. We thought the weather was lovely, although the locals will be cold!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie1981
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Depends what you like really, quiet, busy? Will you be hiring a car?

My advise is quite out of date as we lived out there about 18 years ago!

Paphos is great as you have a nice walk along the sea front in the evenings with the fort at the end and places to sit outside and eat as well as some good archeological sites

My favourite place is Pissouri but it might be a bit quiet for some. There are some lovely villas with pools there and a nice big beach

A trip into troodos mountains is great if you hire a car

Was never really a fan of Limassol but you do get some nice 5 star hotels there
Thank you for your reply, wow how amazing to have lived there😁. We are not partygoers but after looking into Ayia Napa we are heading there. The beach looks amazing and we have read we can have busy or quiet. Think we are going to leave hiring a car and hoping to use the buses if we decide to explore

HOLIDAY INN 2007
GRANDE VILLAS LBV 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019
WINDSOR HILLS 2018
ROSEN INN POINTE MARCH, OCT 2023
minnie1981 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie1981
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
Love Cyprus, will be great in October, don’t be afraid of the ayia napa area especially at that time of year, it’s not just for party people and clubbers. We stayed at Oceanus near the harbour, lovely hotel. I have relatives there so we do stay with them for a few days, borrow their car and drive around a bit, love Protaras, Pernera and Pissouri.

We spent a few days up the Troodos mountains which was a completely different holiday to the normal beach/hotel. We thought the weather was lovely, although the locals will be cold!
Thanks for your reply, yes we have heard this regarding Ayia Napa and are planning to visit. We are going end of October so hoping most bars/restaurants will be open and we still have the hot sun. Do you have any recommendations for bars/restaurants to visit?

HOLIDAY INN 2007
WINDSOR HILLS 2018
minnie1981 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have just come back from Paphos. I have visited most parts of Cyprus and would recommend for beaches and tourist stuff then head for Protaras / Aiya napa.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie1981 View Post
Thank you for your reply, wow how amazing to have lived there😁. We are not partygoers but after looking into Ayia Napa we are heading there. The beach looks amazing and we have read we can have busy or quiet. Think we are going to leave hiring a car and hoping to use the buses if we decide to explore
We have been to Limassol, Paphos and Aya Napa.
Paphos was our favourite but when we went to Aya Napa we were in The Adams Beach Hotel and it seemed to be in the quieter part of Aya Napa, this was in March/April and I believe although might be wrong that this is not a popular part of the season as it can be their rainy time.
We have also been in October to Paphos and the weather was nice and warm, not too hot .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie1981
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I have just come back from Paphos. I have visited most parts of Cyprus and would recommend for beaches and tourist stuff then head for Protaras / Aiya napa.
Hope you had a lovely time, how did you find your time? Was there many restrictions? Are most Restaurants/bars/shops open?

HOLIDAY INN 2007
WINDSOR HILLS 2018
Old 3 Sep 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie1981
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
We have been to Limassol, Paphos and Aya Napa.
Paphos was our favourite but when we went to Aya Napa we were in The Adams Beach Hotel and it seemed to be in the quieter part of Aya Napa, this was in March/April and I believe although might be wrong that this is not a popular part of the season as it can be their rainy time.
We have also been in October to Paphos and the weather was nice and warm, not too hot .
Ahhh this is where we are just about to book’Adams Beach Hotel’, did you enjoy your stay? Any advice? We have read it’s in the quieter area also so pleased you confirmed this😁

HOLIDAY INN 2007
WINDSOR HILLS 2018
Old 3 Sep 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hope you had a lovely time, how did you find your time? Was there many restrictions? Are most Restaurants/bars/shops open?
We had a great time but spent most of it in a 5 star all inclusive hotel. When we did go out, we found it a hassle showing our cyprus flight passes and wearing masks in all shops. A lot of restaurants are closed and tourist numbers are low
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
flossy_h
Excited about Disney

I also used to live in Cyprus 2012-2014. The weather in October is generally between 25-30 degrees. Beaches are best around Ayia Napa and Protaras. If you have a car I would recommend a visit to Lambros Fish and Kebab house in Dhekleia.

Best beach around Paphos in Coral Bay and I recommend Pinguinio Bar and Restaurant in Paphos, and Gabriels Tavern in Kouklia, I used to be a regular there.
flossy_h is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Ahhh this is where we are just about to book’Adams Beach Hotel’, did you enjoy your stay? Any advice? We have read it’s in the quieter area also so pleased you confirmed this😁
It was a long time ago but yes it was a lovely hotel and nice and peaceful, I would say at least 15 years ago when we stayed there so the area might have changed as well.
I can't remember much about it to be honest apart from the hotel being really nice.
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List