Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 6 Sep 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Anthem Adventures - Day 7 Hometime

So after a few lazy starts over the last couple of days, I had set numerous alarms to ensure I was up early this morning (especially given my cocktail consumption the previous day!) as we were being kicked off the ship at a ridiculously early time of day! My allocated departure time was 8:15 – we had all been instructed to wait in our staterooms until the announcement was made for our slot which I thought was a great way to do it – so much nicer than trying to get a seat in a crowded lounge!

My alarm duly went off at 6:30 which I had set it for to give me time to get ready and have some breakfast – at this point I decided an extra 45 minutes in bed was far preferable to any breakfast offerings Windjammers had, so hit the snooze button!
I was snoozing the alarm until around 7:20 when I finally dragged myself out of bed – luckily I had thought to close the balcony door and pull the curtains last night as I would have been overlooked otherwise! I was quickly finished in the bathroom and dressed so I headed to the balcony to await my call to disembark.

It was another lovely day, but I had barely sat down when they called my number – 15 minutes early so 8am. I’ve never been kicked off a ship as early as this!
It was a very smooth process to disembark and before too long I was in the terminal building collecting my suitcase, then headed out to the taxi rank to realise I had no cash!

When the taxi arrived, I asked if he took card payments (he didn’t) but there was an atm at the station and he was more than happy to wait while I sorted cash, so all good! It was a very quick trip to the station and I had around half an hour before the train was due, so headed to the café for breakfast!

I was soon on board and found a seat close to the luggage rack, and settled down to chill for the journey – it was busy until we reached Reading as it was festival weekend, then the train emptied and it was a very quiet journey until I arrived at Wolverhampton.
I had around a 20 minute wait for the next connection, but no need to change platform, so I parked myself on a bench and updated my dad on my journey status as he was coming to pick me up from Lancaster.
The next part of the journey was just as smooth as the first and before too long the train was pulling in at Lancaster station - hard to believe it was just a short week previously that I was heading off on my first trip in a long time!

Final Thoughts

It was booked very last minute and without much thought, but I have to say I had an amazing time and the service on the ship was just fantastic – I have already completed the survey and scored them all as high as possible – I didn’t encounter a single member of staff who was anything less than helpful, smiling and friendly throughout the cruise.

Covid protocols – on the whole I felt these worked really well and in some cases (muster and disembarkation) were actually better than previous process. My only slight niggle was over booking the shows – I had no problem doing it and found it very flexible to swap and change during the week, but it was a little frustrating not to be able to see a show more than once when there was seating available – a standby queue system would be nice!

I was in real need of a break as work has been particularly challenging over the last 18 months, and this absolutely delivered – I had no plans originally to get off the ship as I was treating it as a chilling out break and the facilities and activities on board were ideal for me.

So what’s next?

I’m finding the post cruise blues much easier to deal with knowing I have another cruise booked for 22 September on the Sky Princess, and the day after my return I saw a price for another trip on Anthem of the Seas at a price I couldn’t turn down, so I will be back on board for further Anthem Adventures on 20th October – and both visit Belfast …..❤️

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Really enjoyed your report, thanks for taking the time to do it.

Good luck in Belfast in a few weeks. That section made me laugh, the girl with a bloke in every port ;-)
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Just noticed - you've booked the 20th October, we're on that one!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Just noticed - you've booked the 20th October, we're on that one!
We should have a mini Dibb meet - always up for a cocktail 🤣

Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just read your last day. Thx for posting your report. I really enjoyed reading about a different (for me) type of vacation.
Looking forward to the next. hint hint.
X
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Just read your last day. Thx for posting your report. I really enjoyed reading about a different (for me) type of vacation.
Looking forward to the next. hint hint.
X
Thank you - I’ll see what I can do 😂

Old 7 Sep 21, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Thanks for sharing - really enjoyed following along. Can’t wait for the next one

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
formosagirl
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for sharing Mel, I must admit you are tempting me to do a cruise, I really like the idea of waking up with the curtains open overlooking the sea.

Can't wait for your next two trip reports, and to hear all about Belfast in particular! 😆
Old 7 Sep 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by formosagirl View Post
Thanks for sharing Mel, I must admit you are tempting me to do a cruise, I really like the idea of waking up with the curtains open overlooking the sea.

Can't wait for your next two trip reports, and to hear all about Belfast in particular! 😆
Waking up to the sea view was fab - I even had the doors open most nights so I could hear the sea too ❤️

I think my next trip to Belfast is going to be a lot of fun - apparently “bars” are on the agenda - just praying I make it back to the ship 😱🤣

Old 7 Sep 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve really enjoyed your report. Looking forward to the next …… I’m humming “love is in the air everywhere you look around “
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List