Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 8 Sep 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Travel help to london

I've never been to London but would like to travel on 13 December for 3 nights from glasgow and looking for the easiest travel route and also a place to stay close by.

I would like to visit the adelphi theatre for the back to the future show and then visit the Harry Potter studios.

Any suggestions?
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
amberspy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myvot View Post
I've never been to London but would like to travel on 13 December for 3 nights from glasgow and looking for the easiest travel route and also a place to stay close by.

I would like to visit the adelphi theatre for the back to the future show and then visit the Harry Potter studios.

Any suggestions?
We actually going to London in March for two nights
We go by train from Edinburgh which is 4 hours 20 mins which not to bad
You get flight down in a hour thou
We doing it diy this time and booking a hotel
But we been in the past for my brother 50 th birthday celebrations which we all book a uk short break which was hotel and train
Can’t remember the hotel but we central and tube was two minutes away
amberspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

We stayed at the hard rock hotel and saw back to the future. Easy and fast to theater by tube and tube station is 20 paces around the corner from hotel. Used the travelzoo deal for £99 per night.
Enjoy the show, its good fun 😁
Old 8 Sep 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DavieBhoy
VIP Dibber

DavieBhoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

I have travelled from Edinburgh to Heathrow and London City airports then tube/train into city. DD travelled last week by train from Dundee to Kings Cross then onto Crystal Palace. Stayed at PI, Holborn which is within walking distance of lots of tourist places including Adelphi Theatre I would think. Not so sure about HP Studios though.

Tracy

DavieBhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Off in 2 weeks time for around our 1oth or 11th trip, over the past few years we have always stayed at Apex Temple Court, lovely hotel, great service and very helpful staff. The breakfasts are super too !
Its a perfect location just about 10 mins to walk from Blackfriars Tube, about 15 mins to walk to Leicester Square, maybe a round 10/15 to Covent Garden and 5 min to walk through the back court ( which is actually the front entrance) and onto the Embankment. Just off Fleet Street, Its easy to walk to almost anywhere from here, Hamleys, St Pauls, Regent Street are all nearby.
ps://www.apexhotels.co.uk/destinations/london/apex-temple-court-hotel/

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

The Harry Potter studios are in Watford, so a bit away from where you’d need to be for the theatre.

You could do a night in watford and a night near the theatre.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
The Harry Potter studios are in Watford, so a bit away from where you’d need to be for the theatre.

You could do a night in watford and a night near the theatre.
Looking at the ops dates that makes the most sense. Travel down to Watford on the 13th, stay over in Watford and visit HP on the Tuesday, carry on to London after the tour, check in to next hotel and explore a bit, the show they want isn't on on Tuesdays, spend Weds exploring London, show in the evening, then some last minute exploring before an evening train of flight home.

An hour flight sounds good but door to door there isn't much in it vs the train
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Make sure you book in advance for Harry Potter studios. I’d book that soon if you haven’t already.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

I like the Premier inn county hall. It’s on the river right near the london eye. Close to Waterloo station, so you can jump on the northern line to the theatre (or you could walk), and if you take the train to Watford junction (for Harry Potter studios) you can get to Euston easily. But that premier inn is within easy walking distance of so many places.
My daughter stayed at citizenM near the Tower of London, a few weeks ago. She said it was lovely there, and they sometimes have good deals. It’s right next to Tower Hill station. The underground is really easy to use.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List