Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Sep 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

I'm hopeful for the end of this year. Boris is supposedly going over for 4 days on the 21st September and there's rumors of a discussion at the white house but we all hoped Biden would open up when he came over here for the G4 summit, alas here we are still seeing cancellations.

I see it to be really unrealistic to have the borders closed in excess of 2 years.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I’m saying March - pretty much 2 years after they closed it
Can’t actually believe it’s been so long!
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Although I think it’s 100% valid to be hopeful for this year, my gut says no. It just wouldn’t match what I’ve seen and heard from Biden lately.

Easter 2022 seems like as good a guess as any.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

For me the absolute earliest I can see would be Feb/March 22, as that will see off the winter period. IF theres no new curveballs like Delta has been id be confident by Spring. By then the vaccine and booster roll out should be a slick operation.

If you ask Eoghan Corry, St Patrick himself will be landing the first flight with holidaymakers and christmas shoppers from Dublin to MCO next week.

Edited at 04:17 PM.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
If you're right about mid 2023 then I'll never be back, I'll go somewhere that wants us.😳😁
I very much agree with this.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Expecting him to open for Thanksgiving, time for reuniting families after being separated for almost 2 years.
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Some time in 2022 but I have no idea when.

I have never thought it would coincide with a public holiday. To me that sounds like it is being trivialised, I would think a politician would want to say the policy is based upon serious consideration of scientific evidence and advice, not because a holiday is coming up!
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Laner
slightly serious Dibber

Laner's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Yorkie2021 View Post
Hate to say it, but I doubt very much that the remaining 80m unvaccinated people will get much lower.

However, that should have no impact on letting double vaccinated travellers from the UK and Europe in.
I agree with this and I think they might get another 5-10% vaccinated but the Trump heartlands will hold out to a greater extent. Biden then has to make decisions on whether they live with that and then further decisions on the threat of another variant being introduced into the US from South America or Europe if he opens up completely. The chance of a mutation in the virus within the US is also possible which is why I think the decision will be protracted and into 2023.

I realise that you can get into the US, what I am talking about is normal travel that we are all used to.
Disneyland Paris 2000, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2014
Florida 1993, 1997, 2008, 2013
Laner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStarwars
Proud to wear my Ears

I still think it will be this year. late October/November with testing and double vaccinations being the reasoning to bring families together for thanksgiving.
2021 Disneyland Paris (Hotel New York) 2023 Pop Century
2022 Port Orleans Riverside (and Hurricane Ian)
DisneyStarwars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyStarwars View Post
I still think it will be this year. late October/November with testing and double vaccinations being the reasoning to bring families together for thanksgiving.
Same. I believe there will be an announcement within the next few weeks.

If he changes it to double vaxxed only allowed in then there probably won’t be many more people coming in over the next 6 months as there were the last 18 months. Over half the world have had access without the requirement to be double vaxxed. His speech last week laid the blame on their situation with the anti vaxxers. No one predicted him to be so strong on it but he’s done that and I don’t see any reason now for him to hold out on letting doubles vaxxed tourists in soon.

Edited at 04:47 PM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List