Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Sep 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

BA to resume London-San Diego flights Oct 13

Hey everyone! I just saw this on my local news today. 😀👍 This is good, right? Check out the article for all the details, requirements etc- then, make plans to come visit us in San Diego! 🌴😎

nbcsandiego/news/loc...ights/2718646/

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Hey everyone! I just saw this on my local news today. 😀👍 This is good, right? Check out the article for all the details, requirements etc- then, make plans to come visit us in San Diego! 🌴😎

nbcsandiego/news/loc...ights/2718646/
Unfortunately right no us Brits still cant come to USA until the President lifts the ban
thetimes/article/w...rica-0qw2gq8sh

Edited at 08:49 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Unfortunately right no us Brits still cant come to USA until the President lifts the ban
thetimes/article/w...rica-0qw2gq8sh
Wow, I guess I assumed that this date meant a reopening to travelers had been announced and I just missed something (I’ve been in Pittsburgh the last week). I wonder why they would have chosen a date to restart the flights when the ban hadn’t been lifted? Just being hopeful?

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

Edited at 08:59 PM.
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Wow, I guess I assumed that this date meant a reopening to travelers had been announced and I just missed something. I wonder why they would have chosen a date to restart the flights when the ban hadn’t been lifted? Just being hopeful?
Unfortunately being hopeful as latest news today is ban hasn’t been reviewed. As soon as I can, legally and sensibly, fly to California believe me I will be on the first plane out I can ……🤞🏻
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Unfortunately being hopeful as latest news today is ban hasn’t been reviewed. As soon as I can, legally and sensibly, fly to California believe me I will be on the first plane out I can ……🤞🏻
Oh dear, my apologies then! I got all excited when I saw the news and had to rush over here to share. I hope the ban is lifted before the 13th and you can all make plans soon. I agree that continuing the ban right now is ridiculous.

Old 17 Sep 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Oh dear, my apologies then! I got all excited when I saw the news and had to rush over here to share. I hope the ban is lifted before the 13th and you can all make plans soon. I agree that continuing the ban right now is ridiculous.
No need at all to apologies- I hope BA (and also in particular California residents) can put some pressure on for us. I tweeted your Vice President the other day a very polite plead for the edict to be reviewed and it has had many likes and retweets ……… but no official reply (not that I was really expecting one but hey I have done my bit &#128077
Old 18 Sep 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

My flight to San Diego is scheduled for 22nd so this is a little encouraging. You kind of hope that someone in IAG has the ear of someone in the know so can plan these things before they are public knowledge.

That said, BA have taken those dates for holidays off sale overnight. You can still book the flight but it’s ominous that the actual Flight will follow

It’s all very sad.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
My flight to San Diego is scheduled for 22nd so this is a little encouraging. You kind of hope that someone in IAG has the ear of someone in the know so can plan these things before they are public knowledge.

That said, BA have taken those dates for holidays off sale overnight. You can still book the flight but it’s ominous that the actual Flight will follow

It’s all very sad.
I can assure you IAG will not have a better clue than anyone on the Dibb about when the President of the USA will change for UK - infact USA PAX can travel on many IAG flights to the continent so they are profiting well with flights form USA to, say, Spain. I really don’t understand why UK is out on a limb but here we are - forgotten
Old 18 Sep 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post

It’s all very sad.
Oh gosh, what a mess this is ☹️ I hope everything falls into place for you to make your flight out on the 22nd 🤞 If the UK isn’t allowed to come here, then we shouldn’t be able to go to the UK. It needs to be equal treatment IMO

Old 19 Sep 21, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
berneslai
Helping Minnie

Great news about the flights opening up. Bad news is that the US’ bar on international travellers is playing well politically. These articles seems to suggest another year (speculation, I know) before things return to normal.

schengenvisainfo/new...-expert-warns/

foreignpolicy/2021/09/13...ovid-pandemic/

Edited at 08:26 AM.
berneslai is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List