Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Sep 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
Were Tuscan Hills, so not far - I have seen a lot of posts about the Publix fried chicken and my OH will give it a try at some point this time.

I must admit I could not do a full sit down restaurant meal after the flight. A light meal/snack, crash by the pool for a while and roll into bed.
We get a box of hot fried chicken which has breast, leg, thigh and wings. What we don't eat for dinner we have cold for lunch next day on the pool deck.

Mick
Old 25 Sep 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

We stop at Publix Champions Gate, do a food shop for breakfast the next day, get the chicken tenders and wedges and maybe MacDonalds for anyone who wants and then head to the villa. Bring everything in and then I usually go out to the pool area and just chill for 5 mins before I start unpacking. Normally awake by 3am and then I go down make a cuppa and sit and relax and try and plan out what we are doing for the next couple of weeks. I finally feel like things are going back to normal and Feb here I come🙏🙏😀
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Peachy pot
Proud to wear my Ears

It totally depends on our flight and how wrecked we are. Traditionally it’s Outback Steakhouse for bloom onion petals and the gorgeous honey wheat bread, chicken ceaser salad for myself, crispy chicken sandwich (OH). Sweet potato fries to share. Drinks Strawberry lemonade (a must for me) and a sprite for (OH). If we’re really tired we’ll pick up a Flippers bbq chicken pizza with a side salad to share. We usually dump our cases and head to Walmart for the essentials then crash back at the hotel or villa and indulge in a glass of wine and a beer. We always have breakfast out on the first morning but we don’t really have a favourite and just see what we fancy on the day.x
Old 25 Sep 21, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Always Publix fried chicken for us. However DS was a convert to Panda Express on our last trip so he says he doesn’t want to leave the airport next July without visiting the food court. 😁
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Usually by the time we arrive we are only fit for bed, so it either a very quick McDonalds, or a donut (or two!)
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Depends on the flight arrival time. Don't usually eat the airline food (just grab a nice sandwich to take on board) so if we are there in good time then we try to either pop down to what is now Disney Springs and grab something light while trying to fight off the desire to sleep too early. If we are really early we will pop out to Publix to stock up on essentials and then grab take out from somewhere on the way back.

If it is a late arrival, we will just grab something overpriced from the food court in the hotel.

As we are all up at stupid o'clock in the morning, we used to book an early character breakfast when the kids were young. Nowadays, it is more likely an early table at iHop or Cracker Barrel for breakfast before hitting the parks - especially when a pancake stack in iHop is not much more than a muffin in WDW these days.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Our first night is usually at Hooters near Publix. We pop to Publix for milk, bread and water then to Hooters for a burger. It’s become a bit of a tradition and we love it!
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
If we feel up to it, then we have Millers for dinner, if not then we head to Cracker Barrel for Breakfast the next morning. We do also love Culvers (which is perfect because it’s near Hobby Lobby!)
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

When I go next year my first taste will be jambalaya at Sassagoula Floatworks, the Port Orleans French Quarter food court. I stayed there in 2018 and loved it so much, I had it most days!
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’ve heard this Culvers is good but never been will have to try.