Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Sep 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Disney Hotel Parking when dining

Hi all,

I was looking today at booking some ADR’s and the breakfast Menus caught my eye. I know some hotels allow you to park when dinning.

Would it be allowed for say me to book into Steakhouse 71 for breakfast at the contemporary, park for free as I am eating there then go enjoy the park?

Pricing the Menu up we would say spend around $40 on breakfast, if I took the $25 parking fee out of that, that makes our breakfast $15. Which I would have spent anyway on some soggy bagels from Starbucks in the park or at ihop So I get a better breakfast and no worse off money wise.

Would this work? Same principle to other hotels in the Disney bubble.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

You can park for for breakfast, yes. But you won't be able to leave the car there and head to MK afterwards. ADR parking is capped to a few hours. Especially at places like Contemporary, since too many people abuse its parking for MK.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Guess the same would apply to other resorts as well? I really enjoyed resort hopping for breakfasts and other meals on previous holidays when we were staying on site so obviously no issues.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SKYE
Getting to know the DIBB

On our last visit Dec 2019 we booked a late lunch in the Contemporary as we were going to MVMCP - valet parked the car at hotel ($40 I think) and walked to MK. It was so easy later in the evening to collect car - no waiting for monorail or ferry and then queuing to leave car park. Will do it again this year.
SKYE is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AJ86 View Post
Guess the same would apply to other resorts as well? I really enjoyed resort hopping for breakfasts and other meals on previous holidays when we were staying on site so obviously no issues.
Parking for a couple of hours when eating at a restaurant is one thing. But then parking for the rest of the day when visiting a park is totally different and is quite rightly not allowed. People who stay at a hotel have to pay to park their cars there so why should someone not staying there be able to park their car there for free.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
No it wouldn’t work. Pay for valet parking or move the car back to the MK car park before you head to the park!
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by AJ86 View Post
Guess the same would apply to other resorts as well?
All resorts with easy access to parks so all those around Seven Seas Lagoon/Bay Lake for MK and all those around Crescent lake at the Boardwalk.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

So just to clarify, I'm staying offsite but have a breakfast reservation at ohanas. I can park at the poly for free just whilst I have my dining reservation? My park reservation that day is epcot so I'll just drive there after breakfast.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
So just to clarify, I'm staying offsite but have a breakfast reservation at ohanas. I can park at the poly for free just whilst I have my dining reservation? My park reservation that day is epcot so I'll just drive there after breakfast.
Yes you can.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List