Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Oct 21, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I still have a rough trip outlined, just Toronto /NFalls and New York, I think that the addition of Boston etc would be too much for DD and DH, so looking to do those in 2023 or 24 on an East Coast trip.

We going to spend 3 nights in Toronto, city centre then move (? By bus/taxi) to Niagra Falls for 3 nights, staying at Sheraton Falls View hotel. I realise that our pace will be much slower than most as DD is struggling at the moment with things she is taking a long time to process everything and not expecting this to get better any time soon, so don’t want to book too much into trip. If we at Sheraton FV hotel which will be the best way to get to New York? Flying - ? from Buffalo or Toronto? Spending 3 days in New York before flying home, on the day flight back from NY, which will be easier for DD as we can book straight into Premier inn on landing and spend the night before the long drive South West! Im looking at custom package with BA as this seems to give the best prices,

Hurdle before booking though is travel insurance, DD has lots going on, and would like to get an annual policy if I can as near to the time, to cover a trip to Orlando in February 2023 (can see the military vehicles in florida then!) – just wondering if Barclays insurance would cover just the booking of the holiday until we are ready to go so to speak and can add in separate medical cover nearer the time?
Old 14 Oct 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
I still have a rough trip outlined, just Toronto /NFalls and New York, I think that the addition of Boston etc would be too much for DD and DH, so looking to do those in 2023 or 24 on an East Coast trip.

We going to spend 3 nights in Toronto, city centre then move (? By bus/taxi) to Niagra Falls for 3 nights, staying at Sheraton Falls View hotel. I realise that our pace will be much slower than most as DD is struggling at the moment with things she is taking a long time to process everything and not expecting this to get better any time soon, so don’t want to book too much into trip. If we at Sheraton FV hotel which will be the best way to get to New York? Flying - ? from Buffalo or Toronto? Spending 3 days in New York before flying home, on the day flight back from NY, which will be easier for DD as we can book straight into Premier inn on landing and spend the night before the long drive South West! Im looking at custom package with BA as this seems to give the best prices,

Hurdle before booking though is travel insurance, DD has lots going on, and would like to get an annual policy if I can as near to the time, to cover a trip to Orlando in February 2023 (can see the military vehicles in florida then!) – just wondering if Barclays insurance would cover just the booking of the holiday until we are ready to go so to speak and can add in separate medical cover nearer the time?
Flying from Buffalo or Toronto. We obviously weighed this up.

Toronto.
We get the megabus from Toronto to Niagara, stay a night and then get the megabus back (money). We then have to get the metro train to Pearson Int (money) and then fly to NY. Having done this, there must be immigration and customs either pre departure or upon arrival. baggage reclaim and out.

Buffalo.
We stay the night and then walk across the Rainbow bridge across the border where we do immigration and customs. We then get a taxi to Buffalo Airport ($50 US) and are delivered to the concourse. We fly and it’s straight to baggage reclaim.

Either way, you will need to get from your arrival airport and into Manhattan.
I have done it from Newark to Times Sq (taxi)
I have done Broadway to LaGuardia (taxi)
A NY (Queens) friend of mine points out that all subways journeys, even from JFK are $2.25 or so. That is great, other than a surcharge to get from Airport onto that subway.

Choices, choices.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

We did Toronto a few years ago before our rockies road trip.
Toronto - best bit was the edge walk at cn tower, the islands (hire a bike and cycle around. Great views of the city).
I’d try and catch a baseball game. We did a free walking tour (pay as much as you want). I’d recommend staying in the city.

Then we did a couple of nights in Vaughan, which is on the way to Niagara. This was a great base to visit Canada’s wonderland theme park and water park (both great), and also the outlets (ok).
Then we drove to Niagara, and got one of the attraction passes. The best bit was the horn blower boat, and just staring at the falls from above, looking at the rainbows in the spray. Loved it there. Did a bit of minigolf etc at night.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

I have been to Toronto a few times. Would definitely stay in downtown area, and think 3 days at the falls will be too long. Apart from the falls there is nothing there, and feel your DD would be very bored. If I dare say so, some places are a bit "tacky". You would definitely be better off spending more time in Toronto itself which is a great city.

Edited at 08:09 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
wayne77
slightly serious Dibber

Agree with JoS, two nights is enough for Niagara, stay another night in Toronto instead.
wayne77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
SuzyM
Very Serious Dibber

SuzyM's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We did a trip in summer 2019 where we flew to Toronto - hired a car and went to Niagara Falls and stayed 2 nights - drove back to Toronto via Niagara on the Lake - which is lovely. Handed the car back and had about 3 nights in Toronto - we went up the tower and went on a tour of the baseball stadium which was interesting. Then we hired a car again and drove to Thousand Island area and had 2 nights there, then on to Ottawa and had 2 nights there, then to Montreal and had 3 nights there and then flew to New York from Montreal and had 5 nights there before returning to the UK. It was a fabulous trip!
TDL and DLHK: July/Aug 2017; DCL: 2023 Alaska (Wonder)
SuzyM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List