Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Oct 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
WindyMiller2
Very Serious Dibber

WindyMiller2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Thanks for posting. I like the look. We too always enjoyed The Wave and are looking forward to trying out Steakhouse 71.

We had a TIW card that we managed to stretch out over two trips so felt we got our monies worth and also really enjoyed the valet parking!

I too hope they bring this back before our next trip in Dec. Are there any rumours Tom on this? Do you think it has been cancelled as not all restaurants have opened up yet?

Edited at 08:09 PM.
WindyMiller2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by WindyMiller2 View Post
Thanks for posting. I like the look. We too always enjoyed The Wave and are looking forward to trying out Steakhouse 71.

We had a TIW card that we managed to stretch out over two trips so felt we got our monies worth and also really enjoyed the valet parking!

I too hope they bring this back before our next trip in Dec. Are there any rumours Tom on this? Do you think it has been cancelled as not all restaurants have opened up yet?
Funnily enough after I posted about the TIW Card I spent ages searching for information online. Nothing available apart from speculation that it’s coming back or it’s not coming back.

I suppose the key to this is do they want the Florida residents to hit the restaurants as they were the big users of it. Time will tell but I’m not holding my breath sadly.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I booked a lunch reservation on the basis of the early reviews. Really looking forward to trying the Bacon and Eggs, as for some reason I never quite got round to visiting The Wave on previous trips!
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Yorkie2021 View Post
I booked a lunch reservation on the basis of the early reviews. Really looking forward to trying the Bacon and Eggs, as for some reason I never quite got round to visiting The Wave on previous trips!
I had the bacon and eggs a few years ago before it really got well known due to Pete Werner constantly raving about it. It really did live up to the hype, it was wonderful.

This place seems to be getting rave reviews across the board, it looks to be the best restaurant on property. I’m hoping I can persuade Mrs YT to go. Perhaps we may leave the kids in MK and tell them to have fun and go to Casey’s or somewhere. Mrs YT didn’t like the Wave as much as me, as her salmon there she said was average, and she didn’t like the old decor.

13 days until our reservations open up, albeit this is currently at the height of hype so may well be difficult to get- and you could get Wave no problem.

Edited at 09:52 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Paging Mr Morrow dined there on the 2nd and has a video posted about the dinner menu. There’s also one from Tim Tracker as part of his media event visit.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by antietam View Post
I am hoping to snag a reservation there for Christmas Day, dont mind if its lunch or dinner but not sure i will be able to get one
Just as a heads up, they've put a notice out on the info page that it will only be a limited menu on Christmas Day.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

I've seen a couple of videos on You Tube and it looks pretty decent.

I've no idea if or how many table service meals we'll have next time in the absence of the dining plan. This may have to be one to try, though!
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I think we will give this a go. I always struggle with t/s meals at the Magic Kingdom so will hop out and go here. I really wanted to do Yachtsman’s but without DDP I can’t really justify the cost, this looks a good alternative.

Ps PB&J chicken wings! I’m hoping I can order those from the bar menu for the main dining room.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I think we will give this a go. I always struggle with t/s meals at the Magic Kingdom so will hop out and go here. I really wanted to do Yachtsman’s but without DDP I can’t really justify the cost, this looks a good alternative.

Ps PB&J chicken wings! I’m hoping I can order those from the bar menu for the main dining room.
You could always do what Nate did in his review. Arrive a little early, got the wings while sitting at the bar waiting for his table and then went to the main dining.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Have just watched the Disney Dining (Pete Werner) vlog on YouTube when they had breakfast there. He raved about it. Looks delicious. It's on the list!